1 year old, not eating much

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone. Goliath is roughly a year old now. He is active and happy, same as he always has been. But he doesn't eat much. He quit eating his supers, so we tried crickets. I know meal worms are not recommended but we tried them too, to see if he would eat some protein, but nothing. I caught him eating about 3 bites of collard greens about a week ago. I would guess that is about how much he eats each day, although I don't see him eat. It is winter in South Dakota. Maybe that is why? His temps are good. The warm side around 100 degrees, and the cool side around 80. Just want to know if this is something to be concerned about? If it is what do we need to do?

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like brumation. Bathe him once a week in luke warm water and keep the lighting schedule normal.
I would reduce his live feeders to a couple times a week, and only if he eats them. Keep and eye on his weight, since a healthy brumating dragons will lose very little weight, and I've even had some grow after not eating 3 months.

Happy New Year

Jeff

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Are you sure it would be burmation? He isn't sleeping during the days. He is very active and bright colored. He just eats so little. I thought he is to young to burmate as well. Since he is right about 1 year. (we got him at the pet store 11 months ago, so we are guessing a year)

clbauman7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Sarah that helped. Did she get slow and lazy though? Goliath is still full of energy. In fact earlier today he ran around the house from one end to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom