1 month old not eating today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay tell me if I'm getting worried too soon. I, I mean my daughter picked up her new baby girl Kiyo yesterday afternoon. Put her in her new temporary VIV a 20G long with tile base. Temps are right around 105 and 80 Reptisun 10.0 bulb. Little girl was eating her first cricket within 10 minutes of being in her new home. Then 3 or 4 more that night. Daughter fed her this morning 4 crickets and I took 3 out tonight. Only one poo so far and that was either last night or this morning. Should I worry or is this just the moving stress a day late. Due to my shift work and my wifes mild aversion to the Beardie haven't had a chance to give her a bath yet. The Beardie not the wife! lol

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
This is completely normal. Often they eat okay the first day then not so well the next few.
Sara

newreef8584

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. So should I continue to have my daughter drop in the feeders as usual and then take out any uneaten ones before lights out?

How small should her veggies be cut up? She is still very small, didn't measure but easily fits in my hand. Are any of the normally recommended veggies better then others for new borns?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Collards or mustard greens are a great staple. Just cut or tear them into the size as the distance between the baby's eyes. I wouldn't expect her to start eating them on a regular basis, most don't. But do offer like 1 leaf in those tiny pieces.
Janie.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Put feeders in then take them out after 15 minutes. Crickets have been known to chew on beardies before (especially babies). Are crix the only feeders you use?
Sara

newreef8584

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Spoke to my daughter this morning. she said Kiyo was very active this morning. She dusted 3 crickets and fed her. All 3 were gone in a flash 2 more right after. So far just crickets as feeders. Going to order some BSF larvae AKA Phoenix Worms soon.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I was gonna suggest phoenix worms actually. I've never used them because my girl was 6 months old when I got her and they are really tiny (she'd go through way too many), but a lot of beardies absolutely love them. Good to hear that the baby is eating better. I assume you know the rule is to feed as many as they want in 10-15 minutes 2-3x per day?
Sara

Dragonblade

I usually feed my babies more phoenix worms until they get a bit bigger then some crix.

I feed the bigger ones phoenix worms as well, they also seem to help with keeping infections down.

Also they love to eat collard greens, butterworms, and supers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom