t5 slimline luminaire

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

t5 slimline luminaire

Postby isa489 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:50 am

someone recommend me the arcadia t5 slimline luminaire for a uvb light. does that provide enough uvb? and does it come with the bulb and fixture or just one. and how do i buy because i’m on the website and isn’t giving me a option to buy it
isa489
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: t5 slimline luminaire

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:07 am

isa489 wrote:someone recommend me the arcadia t5 slimline luminaire for a uvb light. does that provide enough uvb? and does it come with the bulb and fixture or just one. and how do i buy because i’m on the website and isn’t giving me a option to buy it

Sure does , Arcadia Reptile know their stuff and the slimline hoods are very nice (and not as bulky at Zoo Med's and others).
Even better still , the slimline hoods come with a T5HO UVB tube of your choice (6% , 12% , or 14%) in the price.

They can also be daisy chained if you have a very long tank.

What site are you on ? .
If you are on Arcadia's website you need to follow the links to a retailor , or simply google or ebay search for the length or wattage and %UVB T5ho Slimline you seek and buy form there.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby isa489 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:29 am

kingofnobbys wrote:
isa489 wrote:someone recommend me the arcadia t5 slimline luminaire for a uvb light. does that provide enough uvb? and does it come with the bulb and fixture or just one. and how do i buy because i’m on the website and isn’t giving me a option to buy it

Sure does , Arcadia Reptile know their stuff and the slimline hoods are very nice (and not as bulky at Zoo Med's and others).
Even better still , the slimline hoods come with a T5HO UVB tube of your choice (6% , 12% , or 14%) in the price.

what % should i use?

What site are you on ? .
If you are on Arcadia's website you need to follow the links to a retailor , or simply google or ebay search for the length or wattage and %UVB T5ho Slimline you seek and buy form there.
isa489
Newbie Poster

Postby isa489 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 am

kingofnobbys wrote:

What site are you on ? .

and where do they put the links?
isa489
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:23 am

isa489 wrote:
kingofnobbys wrote:

What site are you on ? .

and where do they put the links?
\
what country are you based in ?

They've "updated" their website , taken a lot of very good information out of it :( …. IMO the current website is very poor compared with what they had up until last year (was a wealth of information).

try their FB page. failing that , try Amazon, Ebay, Google to find local retailers.

I bought my Arcadia MVBs and slimline luminairs from BIRMINGHAM REPTILE and had them posted to me using PARCEL FORCE , because Australian resellers didn't have the gear I needed and I didn't want to wait for months on backorder and pay through the nose for the dubious privilege.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures