Hornworms!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjvolk2

Well, at the moment, all Tyson will eat is hornworms (as mentioned on another post). We have no problem what so ever trying to get him to eat those. Here are pictures from today's feeding.
DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

Next time I think we should feed him before his bath
DSC_0750.jpg

Sara (and Brian)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Redrock liked hornworms. She did eat superworms, though. It took her a little time to get to want to try them. I think they looked a little large for her and she wasn't sure that she could get them down. Once she realized that she could, she didn't hesitate. Thanks for sharing those pics with us. The white stuff on the hornworm in the first pic, was that calcium powder? I ask that because the hornworms we got were green.

Lori

bjvolk2

Original Poster
yes that is calcium powder, since he is not eating crickets because of shedding this is the only way to get him to eat his calcium.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
That's not too much calcium all at once is it, Dianne? I didn't even think about that until you asked. He has refused everything except greens and hornworms for at least for days and would only eat a couple of crickets at a time before that. He has been in pre-shed for a couple of weeks now :( . He gets baths every other day, just is a slow shedder. We have roaches on order and are really hoping he eats those as I know hornworms aren't a good primary feeder. Just a note, he is offered crickets in the morning and then hornworms in the afternoon usually, so it's not just that he isn't eating crickets because he's full.
Sara (Brian's girlfriend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom