san diego tap water + bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde612

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
soooooo my guy is getting bigger and i want to give him more room during his baths!!! currently i bathe him in a very large tupperware, and i use britta water, but i’ve been thinking about switching to a full tub. however, i’m in san diego, and the tap water is not good at all. lots of hard water deposits and chlorine in our water. i don’t think i can microwave a whole tub worth of britta water lol. what do you guys think? should i get a bigger tupperware and stick to britta water? or will the bath be okay?

clyde612

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Clyde
Claudiusx":13tz0xm2 said:
If it's safe for you to drink, it's safe for your dragon.
That's the issue, no one drinks the tap water in San Diego. You CAN, but it's not great for you.

Gail

BD.org Addict
The tap water is safe. The mineral deposits are fine in drinking water and the chlorine levels are monitored and kept at safe levels.
It might taste bad but its not dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom