Can I paint outside of tank?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Can I paint outside of tank?

Postby SycophanticEscape » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi! So my beardie has developed a new issue of obsessively glass surfing one part of his tank to the point he is tearing up his substrate news paper. It’s to chase his own reflection, when I put a back drop on the other areas he stopped but in this certain area he will simply just tear it up. Nothing has changed in his size or his cage and this surfing issue is new so I know it’s because of his reflection. Would painting the outside of that side of his tank with acrylic paint work to get rid of his reflection and be safe?
SycophanticEscape
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Can I paint outside of tank?

Postby Wickedpogana » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:56 pm

SycophanticEscape wrote:Hi! So my beardie has developed a new issue of obsessively glass surfing one part of his tank to the point he is tearing up his substrate news paper. It’s to chase his own reflection, when I put a back drop on the other areas he stopped but in this certain area he will simply just tear it up. Nothing has changed in his size or his cage and this surfing issue is new so I know it’s because of his reflection. Would painting the outside of that side of his tank with acrylic paint work to get rid of his reflection and be safe?

All you need to create a DIY background is Some type of styrofoam I think polyurethane foam would he best. I got my background from universal rocks and it takes up less then 1 inch of the enclosure I mean you can get a printed picture too to put behind it
Wickedpogana
Juvie Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO - You Can take a Beardie out of the Wild but you cant take the wild out of a Beardie
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion