Can I paint outside of tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So my beardie has developed a new issue of obsessively glass surfing one part of his tank to the point he is tearing up his substrate news paper. It’s to chase his own reflection, when I put a back drop on the other areas he stopped but in this certain area he will simply just tear it up. Nothing has changed in his size or his cage and this surfing issue is new so I know it’s because of his reflection. Would painting the outside of that side of his tank with acrylic paint work to get rid of his reflection and be safe?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
SycophanticEscape":2v7vkwa6 said:
Hi! So my beardie has developed a new issue of obsessively glass surfing one part of his tank to the point he is tearing up his substrate news paper. It’s to chase his own reflection, when I put a back drop on the other areas he stopped but in this certain area he will simply just tear it up. Nothing has changed in his size or his cage and this surfing issue is new so I know it’s because of his reflection. Would painting the outside of that side of his tank with acrylic paint work to get rid of his reflection and be safe?
All you need to create a DIY background is Some type of styrofoam I think polyurethane foam would he best. I got my background from universal rocks and it takes up less then 1 inch of the enclosure I mean you can get a printed picture too to put behind it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom