How long do you leave your lights on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So some people say they give 14-16 some say 12-14 hours. The internet is full of contradictions, half the stuff on the web is written by people doing school assignments or something lol So once again im not sure whats best so I ask my peeps. What schedules do you guys keep your beardies on summer and winter months. I want to make sure im not over doing it yet giving her enough time under the uvb. So i have been giving her twelve hour days and nights? please let me know guys would 13 hrs on 11 hrs off be good lol :banghead:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I go by my work schedule -- mine are on at 7 AM and off 7 PM depending on what time I work but its usually the normal 12 hrs on 12 hrs off
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok thankyou so there is a few hours there its just up to the owner how many they do

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie's lights are on a timer. I have it set to come on around 7:30 am and turn off around 5:00 pm. That roughly matches our sunrise and sunset times (maybe a little shorter) in SD in the fall.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah thank you I had decided 13 but that’s only to assure digestion before bed due to my schedule right now. In the winter I go to 10 or 11?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Longfellow777":2z86mk55 said:
Yeah thank you I had decided 13 but that’s only to assure digestion before bed due to my schedule right now. In the winter I go to 10 or 11?
< UNDER 12 hr is WAY TOO SHORT A PHOTOPERIOD.

I'd advise no shorter than 14 hours.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Only if a dragon is brumating would you reduce the light exposure, when they're sleeping they don't need the regular heat + uvb. If they go in to a cave or other hide you don't need the uvb at all until they come back out.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok cool thankyou for the advice. havent experienced the brumation but when i do im sure ill be on here stressing :lol: i want the best for her and i hear that can be a stressful time for us as owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom