Lanternflies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenodelph

anyone have any information about whether or not lanternflies are safe to feed beardies? We have quite an issue with the invasive buggers around southeastern Pennsylvania. I am working on non-chemical means to protect the trees in the yard, but they are still around, and i was hoping to find out if they are a viable source of food.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think there is enough information about them to know if they are toxic to bearded dragons or not. Because of the lack of info, I would avoid feeding them and treat them as toxic to err on the side of caution. It does look like Milkweed is bad for them, so planting milkweed around your house may help control the lanternflies a bit.

Kenodelph

Original Poster
Cooper, that exactly what I have been doing. I was just curious if anybody had any knowledge on the subject. We have plenty of tomato horn worm to feed as treats, but im hopeful for a silver lining to this invasive species! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom