Dragons eye won't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The honey is not doing any good? I would get her some dubia roaches -- you can order on line from here -- www.repilianarts.com -- I would get her some silk worms as well -- if you order the silk in bulk they send small make sure you order food too - you will need to clean out their containers daily and feed them - it sounds like a vet visit is in order ----- www.arav.org try this website if you dont have a vet already
Karrie

MountainWulf

Original Poster
No, the honey doesn't seem to be doing anything, as the eye is getting worse. Maybe it's helping, but if it is, not enough.

Yes, I have a vet. I said I have an appointment with them in a week. But a week may well be too long.

Does anyone know anything I can do in the meantime?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
See if you can get the appt moved up and other than the honey I am at a loss for what can be done- your T 5 is it in the tank or on top of screen? There is a distance rule w/ the UVB -- if its inside the tank it needs to be 12-15 inches from basking area and it should be directly above her - if its on the back wall of the tank and its beside her it can cause eye issues-
Karrie

MountainWulf

Original Poster
Now that was something I thought of right away, but then dismissed. I knew lights could hurt their eyes, but mine is outside the tank and far enough away that it would never hurt her, but I just realized, when she goes to sleep, she climbs to the very top corner of the tank and just hangs from the wall all night as she sleeps. It's just a couple inches away from the light. Sometimes it's an hour or two before her lights go out, and it is the side that faces the light that is messed up...

It could be a coincidence, but it could just as easily actually be it. The lights are on a timer but next time she climbs up there and hangs from the top of the wall, I'll turn the lights off manually and see if she gets better. Not sure though, since she is asleep, her eyes are fully shut when she's there. Would the lights be able to hurt her through her eyelids?

Do you think the lights would cause the swelling? And if it is what's been wrong, do you think there has already been permanent damage done to her sight?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would fix it that she cannot get that close to the light - that could be it you can only try it
Karrie

Felipe711

My bearded dragon is having the same exact problem , and i don’t feed it crickets so i’m not sure what it is. It looks to be like shed but i’m not completely sure.
108700-8153133941.jpg
108700-4966784297.jpg
108700-851893854.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom