Foster Dragon (Now a Foster fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just caught her eating from her bowl of BSFL on her own. Sneaky girl won’t eat from it if I’m to close so this is the first time I’ve seen her come down from basking and stuff herself silly

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
She looks good -- you're doing a beautiful job with her. :D And now she's tame enough to sit on your hand, too, huh?

It's amazing how quickly little beardies can learn to trust their human slaves, especially when we're so much larger than they are.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
....Well she’s now tripled her weight, and uh, well I just got back from picking her up a cage that will be able to house her as an adult. ? I found out the cage I got can support 250 pounds on it because the way it was hand build by the previous owner. Holly crap you guys this cage is SOLID. It’s so nice. It’s a little shorter than what I’m used to working with but it fits on my stand my other animals cage sits on, and then supports their cage that’s the same footprint on top.

The seller also tossed in a free nectarine sapling, a hella nice grape wood log for $5 and a half a dozen bowls for free.

I’m still adjusting the light distance/temps and decorations. But Spitfire is soooo happy right now.

I also got this funny photo of her the other night. I was trying to show off why I call her Spitfire; and I was using what was left of the lights I had still on in my adults cage, and man my adult in the back ground is like food?! Mom I eat?!!?! Sadly Spitfire wasn’t showing why I call her that but it’s still a funny photo.

44170-6145451777.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like you got a good deal. If all goes well, she'll grow into it -- well on her way already. :blob5:
She looks comfy in your hand. :love5:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":40x2y6rq said:
Sounds like you got a good deal. If all goes well, she'll grow into it -- well on her way already. :blob5:
She looks comfy in your hand. :love5:

She still randomly will open her mouth and try to threaten me. It’s rather cute. She’s settling in well, explored her new cage and all of the furnishings. Ate some worms, and now is in bed.

I’m really hopeful this cage holds the heat, with her lights and being on the third floor of the house, it was getting way to warm for my liking in my room.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I get a kick out of it when they do the big bad macho dragon routine and succeed only in being cute, especially the little ones. :lol:

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She tried to legit bite me today. It was the cutest thing. ? I really need to curb this behavior before she gets much bigger and can actually do some damage.

Work sent me a gift card for my anniversary with them to amazon, so it looks like I’ll be buying some more bugs from Josh’s frogs since they sell on amazon and why the heck not. She deserves all the tasty things.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
And I thought we had a grumpy/sassy dragon! The only time she has bitten was when she mistook my finger for a worm, and when my daughter had a piece of mustard greens stuck on her finger.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
WinFam01":1q864gb8 said:
And I thought we had a grumpy/sassy dragon! The only time she has bitten was when she mistook my finger for a worm, and when my daughter had a piece of mustard greens stuck on her finger.

Oh no she’s super angry, she actually got me earlier, but this also means I got a chance to shove some collard greens on her tongue to get her to start eating greens and she ate it and several more small slices. Haha.

She’s living up to her name for sure.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
44170-9243156551.jpg

So my banana is so angry. It bit me. I didn’t know bananas could bite. ?

I hope she’s in a better mood today. She appears to have finished shedding last night. (Photo from yesterday) I did have to help with this one area on her tail I’ve been concerned about, it looks like another baby may have nipped it and caused some weird shaping issues. I’ll upload a photo later if she lets me get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom