Foster Dragon

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Foster Dragon

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm

She's adorable- glad to hear she is doing so good
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby GeckoGarden » Sun May 24, 2020 8:21 pm

I just caught her eating from her bowl of BSFL on her own. Sneaky girl won’t eat from it if I’m to close so this is the first time I’ve seen her come down from basking and stuff herself silly
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon May 25, 2020 4:26 am

:lol:
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby SHBailey » Mon May 25, 2020 8:31 am

She looks good -- you're doing a beautiful job with her. :D And now she's tame enough to sit on your hand, too, huh?

It's amazing how quickly little beardies can learn to trust their human slaves, especially when we're so much larger than they are.
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby GeckoGarden » Thu May 28, 2020 3:55 pm

....Well she’s now tripled her weight, and uh, well I just got back from picking her up a cage that will be able to house her as an adult. 😂 I found out the cage I got can support 250 pounds on it because the way it was hand build by the previous owner. Holly crap you guys this cage is SOLID. It’s so nice. It’s a little shorter than what I’m used to working with but it fits on my stand my other animals cage sits on, and then supports their cage that’s the same footprint on top.

The seller also tossed in a free nectarine sapling, a hella nice grape wood log for $5 and a half a dozen bowls for free.

I’m still adjusting the light distance/temps and decorations. But Spitfire is soooo happy right now.

I also got this funny photo of her the other night. I was trying to show off why I call her Spitfire; and I was using what was left of the lights I had still on in my adults cage, and man my adult in the back ground is like food?! Mom I eat?!!?! Sadly Spitfire wasn’t showing why I call her that but it’s still a funny photo.

[Click image to enlarge]
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby SHBailey » Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Sounds like you got a good deal. If all goes well, she'll grow into it -- well on her way already. :blob5:
She looks comfy in your hand. :love5:
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby GeckoGarden » Thu May 28, 2020 9:49 pm

SHBailey wrote:Sounds like you got a good deal. If all goes well, she'll grow into it -- well on her way already. :blob5:
She looks comfy in your hand. :love5:

She still randomly will open her mouth and try to threaten me. It’s rather cute. She’s settling in well, explored her new cage and all of the furnishings. Ate some worms, and now is in bed.

I’m really hopeful this cage holds the heat, with her lights and being on the third floor of the house, it was getting way to warm for my liking in my room.
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby SHBailey » Fri May 29, 2020 5:54 am

I get a kick out of it when they do the big bad macho dragon routine and succeed only in being cute, especially the little ones. :lol:
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby GeckoGarden » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:28 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

She’s having her first shed with me and is extra angry 😂
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby SHBailey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 am

Yeah, shedding can make them crazy. :angry5: Fortunately it doesn't last forever.
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby GeckoGarden » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:07 pm

She tried to legit bite me today. It was the cutest thing. 😂 I really need to curb this behavior before she gets much bigger and can actually do some damage.

Work sent me a gift card for my anniversary with them to amazon, so it looks like I’ll be buying some more bugs from Josh’s frogs since they sell on amazon and why the heck not. She deserves all the tasty things.
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:27 pm

And I thought we had a grumpy/sassy dragon! The only time she has bitten was when she mistook my finger for a worm, and when my daughter had a piece of mustard greens stuck on her finger.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby GeckoGarden » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:00 pm

WinFam01 wrote:And I thought we had a grumpy/sassy dragon! The only time she has bitten was when she mistook my finger for a worm, and when my daughter had a piece of mustard greens stuck on her finger.

Oh no she’s super angry, she actually got me earlier, but this also means I got a chance to shove some collard greens on her tongue to get her to start eating greens and she ate it and several more small slices. Haha.

She’s living up to her name for sure.
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby SHBailey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:07 am

It takes all kinds of tricks to get some of them to eat their greens. :mrgreen:
SHBailey
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby GeckoGarden » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:27 am

[Click image to enlarge]

So my banana is so angry. It bit me. I didn’t know bananas could bite. 😂

I hope she’s in a better mood today. She appears to have finished shedding last night. (Photo from yesterday) I did have to help with this one area on her tail I’ve been concerned about, it looks like another baby may have nipped it and caused some weird shaping issues. I’ll upload a photo later if she lets me get one.
GeckoGarden
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Health