Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, 1 whole year as of 2/9

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, 1 whole year as of

Postby DorgEndo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:52 pm

Spa treatment may have been more successful if the client would have stayed in the bath longer, lol

The paper towel with aloe vera may work well
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DorgEndo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Also. Well. This is how Devlyn makes a poo. I could tell she was brewing to poo so hit record. Got her whole process...for educational purposes I suppose

https://imgur.com/gallery/FFWNv4z
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:03 pm

Ha. Love the beardie spa.
I know what you mean about the tail. I felt like I had to mention it every time I posted a picture of Moro back in the day. Her tail gets pitch black when she's alert and exploring. Stark contrast to her creamy body.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby DorgEndo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Getting some cuddles with Devlyn tonight. She walked over to my hairbrush then started rubbing her face/head on it. Was that on purpose my smart girl? You see me rub that on my head and you need to shed. There was other stuff piled next to me, but you choose that one thing to rub your so close to ready shed head on. Good girl Devlyn, so smart
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:56 pm

That is actually really interesting. I wonder if shes seen you rub your head with it so she tried too? I'm going through that phase with my daughter, she tries to do everything she sees us do. It's amazing really.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DorgEndo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:15 am

Other things were closer, she crawled over to the hairbrush. Could be coincidence of course.

Still hoping her skin crack so she can shed :D
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:54 pm

If anyone would like to enjoy a Devlyn time lapse, made a small one here https://youtu.be/kgF110jR1Kc

Time lapse is 1 pic every 3 seconds. Ended just short of lights out. She fell asleep on her cork log. She knows to start getting ready for bed and finds a spot before lights out. You'll also see my hand giving a few bugs very quickly
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby MariosDad » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm

DorgEndo wrote:If anyone would like to enjoy a Devlyn time lapse, made a small one here https://youtu.be/kgF110jR1Kc

Time lapse is 1 pic every 3 seconds. Ended just short of lights out. She fell asleep on her cork log. She knows to start getting ready for bed and finds a spot before lights out. You'll also see my hand giving a few bugs very quickly

Love reading all about Devlyn's adventures! Also, that time-lapse video was very, very cool! Thanks for sharing your journey, it's been really informative.
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 old dog (in our hearts, RIP Kibo), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a new beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DorgEndo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:42 am

MariosDad wrote:Love reading all about Devlyn's adventures! Also, that time-lapse video was very, very cool! Thanks for sharing your journey, it's been really informative.

Thank you so much. Talking about Devlyn is fun, and I waited years before getting a dragon again. So happy I did.

Devlyn is due for a house upgrade. Even though is it beyond anything I have built before, I want to do this for my girl. Her life is pretty much 99% of the box she lives in. Got to make her box enjoyable for her.
:blob5:
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:08 am

! ! ! ! !

I saw the most awful thing on YouTube and I'm going to do it!

Bobbing for bugs.

For the reluctant to drink any water bearded dragon put some bugs in a shallow dish with water. Dragon will uptake some water with the bug.

I haven't done it yet, but it's bugs. Bugs! How could this not work? Obviously you can't do this every day because then you can't dust the bugs. However, I have high hopes they will help Devlyn get water because she refuses to drink.

-April
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:24 pm

I tried bobbing for bugs once. Devlyn could not tongue them up. Will try later.

Got a nice dragon jump on camera! https://www.instagram.com/p/B9VUr_XjkSq ... mqtax7xicm

Also, look at poor Devlyn shed head. She has been working so hard to get this off her face and head. The top of her head shows off the color difference. Her right is still with shed and her left is fresh scales
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:22 pm

Aww, Devlyn looks so upset about the shed head look! LOL

Bobbing for insects is an interesting idea. I feel like some of my dragons would be able to, and others wouldn't. Tombo I feel can stick things to his tongue just by willing himself to. Same with Kiki. Moro on the other hand couldn't get something to stick to her tongue if I placed it there myself!

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DorgEndo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Devlyn!

Devlyn!

Devlyn!

Devlyn...
...Devlyn...
...please explain this to me Devlyn...

How come you look so chonky after eating a few bugs?!

We'll be hanging out, you look like healthy slim trim dragon...
[Click image to enlarge]

Then... I gave you 7 normal adult and sub-adult crickets with 3 medium to large superworms and then you look HUGE!

[Click image to enlarge]

Have you no shame? Big chonky dragon let's that belly hang out after a modest meal. First bugs since Wednesday because you're an adult lady now.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 pm

Holy cow talk about a before and after transformation. Maybe it's gas :mrgreen:

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:19 pm

Big clean up day! I cleaned out Devlyn's dirt. She didn't seem mad about it, I did give her some big dubia to distract from the lack of dirt.

I've been reading on different dirt/sand and am entertaining the idea of pool filter sand. It's a very fine sand and looks nice. An upgrade from the usual playsand.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

-April
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales