Wont bask is super restless

Status
Not open for further replies.

aronoiiel

So we had a power outtage a few days ago. I had her wtapped in a blanket with two hand warmers and plopped on my chest under s few more. She did just as good as the last outtage. That was wednesday I think. Now today. She has been pooping fine
Eating like I dont ever feed her ? and seems overall ok. But she is restless as all get out and wont really bask. She goes on her spot long enough to warm herself then boom back down. Not really glass surfing just moving about. Pucking at her salad. Throwing it about her tank which is also new behavior. Sometimes she just kinda sits on her tile and stays in one spot for a bit.

Is she just having a weird off day or should I be concerned?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
have you tried taking her out and letting her run your LR or sit up to look out the LR window? She may be just bored and need to get out --
Karrie

aronoiiel

Original Poster
I let her run about for 30 or so min at your suggestion. She is still restless. Off and on her basking hide. Not sure what her deal is. Normally she is pretty calm. Glass surfss when she wants out. Not like hyper dragon -_-

Edit: I did give her strawberries for the first time could ut be a sugar high thing?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Maybe- no more fruits for awhile see if that makes a difference
Karrie

aronoiiel

Original Poster
Will deffinitely try. She gets them twice a week and hasnt done this on raspberries. She is picky on her fruits surprised she liked the strawberries so much lol. May try extra outside time since I dont work tomorrow. Tha ks alot ^_^ she is normally so good lol.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree (Paris)? :laughing6:

I had a similar issue yesterday & this morning. Instead of his usual basking atop his tower, ZaRDoZ has been standing up against one particular planter in a back corner of his enclosure (staring at the wall, I think... :dontknow: ) This morning I picked him up to check him out, and his belly/underside was covered with stress marks. It occurred to me that he hadn't pooped yesterday, but that hasn't been unheard of--he occasionally skips a day. Still, he hasn't been up on his basking tower, and that IS unusual. I was considering giving him a warm bath to loosen him up, but before I got to it, he left a stinkie near his paper towel (missed the towel, but if he wasn't feeling well I can understand that) and was chowing down a late breakfast. He's feeling MUCH better now! :laughing6: Stress marks are gone, but he's still worshiping that corner plant and not basking. Temps are fine. He's done a few laps of the enclosure, but eventually winds up back at the holy planter...

Dragonz iz weird.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Dragonz is definitely weird.

Just had (another) battle of wills with ZaRDoZ... I chase him around the enclosure while he runs away, gapes, hisses, and pretends he's going to bite me, I distract him/put him off-guard by petting the top of his head, get a hold of him (at which point he pretty much calms down except for squirming). His stress marks are still gone, but he's been hours at the altar of the plant... so I tried to put him up on his tower so he can bask normally. He jumped off.

Repeat above paragraph. He starts to jump off again, but as I back off, he stops. He's thinking to himself, "Hey, it's warm up here. That feels kinda nice. Think I'll stay a while," cancels the great leap, and has been basking normally since.

He's been basking up there since the day I put him in, despite several modifications/improvements to his perch/tower. Is it possible he forgot where to bask?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Worshiping at the Altar of the Plant

Here he is again this morning (instead of basking up where it's warm)
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom