How old is he?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, so when I got my beardie, I had assumed he was about 9-10 months old, I've had him for about a month now. But niw I think I'm wrong?! As of now, he is exactly 1 foot from nose to tail, but Ive been hearing people say they should near full growth at about 6-7 months? Wow I didn't think it was that fast. Can anybody help me estimate how old he is? Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, beardies all grow at different rates so some could be much difference in size as they are growing. Most dragons are not adult sized at 6-7 months, they may get huge quickly and be up to 20" at that age but hurrying their growth by power feeding is not always good in the long run and the fastest grower does not equate to being the heathiest. So it's hard to say exactly how old he is , he may be a bit of a slow grower [ 1 foot long is the size of an average 3-4 month old] but again, that size can vary greatly. As long as he's eating well + growing + active he should catch up. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How did you come to the initial thought that he was 9 months? Like mentioned, size isn't always the best determining factor. Just like over feeding can cause them to grow too quick, under feeding and improper husbandry can cause them to hardly grow at all. The key is health, and feeding them a healthy amount and a healthy diet is the best we can do for them :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom