Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House! - New Pics

Welcome to my journal for my crew! This will be the thread I post all my pictures and updates in regards to my crew! This is going to be like a journal of sorts. A tool I can use to look back on and see how I was doing things, and important events that have occurred for my crew! I really like being able to go back and look at things like that.

To start off with, since all my dragons had a thread previously, they will all get their own post under this to kind of catch up to where things are right now.

A bit about me (EDIT: Ok it's a lot about me now..)

I've had dragons for almost 20 years now. My first dragon was named Shredder. Information was so scarce back then, and I was so inexperienced, Shredder didn't last long under my care. He was housed on walnut shell, typical petstore setup (you think they are bad nowadays, think back 20 years ago) and I honestly don't remember much else about how i cared for him besides the fact that I had grown attached to him. After shredder died, I dedicated a good portion of my free time to learning about dragons. I knew I wanted another, but I didn't want him to suffer the same fate. I read, I learned, I talked to other owners that I would meet at petstores. I read every caresheet I could find online. I even talked breeders ears off when they'd let me. I got another dragon eventually, Hawk. And then another, Buttercup. Then I rescued Scorpio. And shortly after that, I saw a runt in a petstore that I bought, Rusty. For awhile, this was my crew. They all lived for 5 or 6 years. Their care wasn't perfect, but it was better and I was learning and growing as a dragon keeper.

One day the petstore owner and I were talking, and he wanted to give me his dragon. He didn't want to take care of her anymore. I had never taken in an adult dragon. I had always only had babies that I raised myself. I wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to stay in good with the petstore owner (this came into play massively a few years later)
So, now I have a 3 year old dragon, who I named Naughtica. Her name is based on Naussica, a character from a movie (she was the start to how I name all of the rest of my future dragons, after hayo Miyazaki film characters). Around the same time I got an adult Male, Spyro. I don't remember exactly how I got him, but I believe also from a friend I had met at the petstore. He was trying to produce white dragons (back then they were basically unheard of, and light grey hypos were the closest most people had gotten to that) and spyro was a light-grey hypo.

Naughtica and spyro were the only two dragons I had for a few years now. Around this time is when I also found this website, and my knowledge, care, and love for this hobby grew immensely. I loved being surrounded by people who understood. I loved being able to talk dragons all day long if I wanted. And I loved being able to help people. Obviously in the beginning, it was me being helped. But I soaked it all up like a sponge. I loved it.

Eventually I decided I wanted to breed. So, Naughtica and Spyro were put together for a week. And, it was successful. It was honestly a lot of fun, it was scary, but it was rewarding. Coming home that one day and seeing that a few hatched was one of the happiest moments of my life. I was so filled with joy and excitement.
But now a new learning curve. Caring for around 20 baby hatchlings. And it was a learning curve for sure. I was not at all prepared for how much they eat. I wasn't prepared to separate ones that started to get picked on. For that reason some lost parts of tails, some lost toes. One even completely lost a foot. But, i grew and I learned with later clutches.

Remember wanting to stay in good with the petshop owner? It came into play now. His shop was how I was able to sell my babies. It was either just my town, or the time, but he basically couldn't keep dragons in stock. Worked out great for me, and great for him. I had a solid consistent place to sell my babies to, and he had a reliable person to buy from.

I only did that for about two seasons before life changed and breeding as a hobby was no longer a viable thing to do. Spyro had died a year or two later. I really don't know how old he was.

But Naughtica was going strong. And a few more years passed and I had bought Kiki. I had always had a thing for red trans, and Kiki was the perfect girl to fit that bill. I had gotten over breeding and just wanted a dragon or two of the "higher end" morphs to enjoy. By this time I was very active on this site, and Naughtica and Kiki both had their own threads here (I will link to later). So did Calcifer, a uromastyx that I had bought from that same petshop I used to sell to. Naughtica was getting pretty old at this point. But, my care and knowledge had grown so much that I knew she was gonna be with me for the long haul, and that's what I was hoping out of kiki and calcifer. These three were my new crew. I was happy with everything I had.

Long story short, life got in the way again, and my crew had to be put under someone elses care. They were entrusted to my family. Unfortunately, that didn't work out well at all. And I feel awful. They were not taken care of properly. They eventually all passed. Naughtica was around 12 I believe. And I have no doubts she would have lived even longer if she were to have been under my care, I just wasn't able to.

It took me a long time to feel like I could get back into this hobby. One thing never left me, and that was my love for this hobby, and my love for these creatures, and my love for talking anyones ear off about them that will let me.

And here we are today.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Brandon I'm glad Tombo is okay. That must have been quite a few moments of heart racing before you found him.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Honestly I wasn't extremely worried, just because based on past instances, I figured he was near one of the girls tanks... :mrgreen:
And I was able to find him pretty quickly. But definitely if I didn't find him near Suki's tank, I probably would have freaked a little bit. Luckily he's such a big dragon now, he's easy to spot lol. He thinks he's a good hider but he leaves a foot of his tail sticking out.. :lol:

I'm just glad it wasn't Moro... she would have had quite a bit longer of a fall.. :(

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Moro doesn't seem like the type to jump from how you describe her. I like that recent pic you took of her and your other dragons. Moro looks content to bask and live a life of luxury

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":13t94cte said:
Moro doesn't seem like the type to jump from how you describe her.
Hah yeah you're right. You hit the nail on the head. Moro isn't the type to even move from the spot she's in LOL

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Catching up on some news from the crew. That Tombo just likes to give you a run for your money. Haha Glad he was okay from the 2 foot drop. Sounds like what Tamp used to do when she was a baby. I thought I lost her once and I was in tears, found her under the entertainment center. Haha The other babes look to be absolutely wonderful and Moro totally reminds me of Tampi. Never moves and gives stank eyes galore. Haha Glad they all are doing great! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks for Stopping by Vanessa :)
Tombo had a little escape again... I swear his glass was only open about an inch... He's an escape artist.

Anyways.. Moro update.

This was Moro yesterday:
full

And this is the poor girl today:
31715-6107734451.jpg
full

31715-1402964667.jpg

Yes, that does appear to be a second belly growing out of her.. LOL

Her and Tombo are literally polar opposites, even down to the way they shed. Moro's whole body comes off in one piece basically. Tombo's comes off 1 scale at a time..

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Moro shedding is hilarious!

Maybe you should install a motion activated camera and a trampoline for the next time Tombo jumps out? I'm joking, but come on Tombo. Tombo you have a luxury custom built home with a full time chef and cleaning service. Tombo, stay in your home.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hahahaha Poor poor, Moro! Her shed reminds me a lot of Tamps, and she in general, reminds me of her. Totally the same body type, right down to the side wrinkles. Haha

Tombo just likes to be freeeee. No one or nothing can hold him back! Can't stop, won't stop! Haha

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":33svfu7r said:
Maybe you should install a motion activated camera and a trampoline for the next time Tombo jumps out?
Yeah, this is the second or third time I wish I had a camera in there to catch his antics lol!

Tombo definitely is a root'n toot'n MAN that doesn't want to be confined to no darn stinkin' tank all day LOL

Anyways, Moro finished shedding.
Here is her after all her hard work...
31715-704921862.jpg
She always sleeps in that same spot, with her face pressed up against the wall just enough to make her jaw crack open a bit. It's every single night! She wedges herself under that branch, back against the rock, and face pressed to the wall. She's an odd girl but hey, she knows what she likes!

This is the whole rock/branch setup she sleeps under:
31715-8133670995.jpg
I'll have to try to get a better pic to show just how tight she wedges herself in lol.

Anyways, here is the rest of the crew besides Tombo. He was also tucked into his rock cave last night. Doesn't make for a good picture of him lol.

Unlike Moro, Suki likes to sleep sprawled out in the open, like this:
31715-6089876569.jpg

And Mei usually sleeps curled up around her basking rock, or face first into the cool side corner like this:
31715-1195637011.jpg

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
claudiusx":3uyyeyxl said:
DorgEndo":3uyyeyxl said:
Maybe you should install a motion activated camera and a trampoline for the next time Tombo jumps out?
Yeah, this is the second or third time I wish I had a camera in there to catch his antics lol!

Tombo definitely is a root'n toot'n MAN that doesn't want to be confined to no darn stinkin' tank all day LOL

31715-704921862.jpg
She always sleeps in that same spot, with her face pressed up against the wall just enough to make her jaw crack open a bit. It's every single night! She wedges herself under that branch, back against the rock, and face pressed to the wall. She's an odd girl but hey, she knows what she likes!

31715-8133670995.jpg
I'll have to try to get a better pic to show just how tight she wedges herself in lol.

Anyways, here is the rest of the crew besides Tombo. He was also tucked into his rock cave last night. Doesn't make for a good picture of him lol.

31715-6089876569.jpg

And Mei usually sleeps curled up around her basking rock, or face first into the cool side corner like this:
31715-1195637011.jpg

-Brandon
My Smaug if he wants to go into his hide for a nap he sleeps like a noodle he is so curvy.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
claudiusx":18ykrwxa said:
DorgEndo":18ykrwxa said:

31715-704921862.jpg

31715-8133670995.jpg

31715-6089876569.jpg

31715-1195637011.jpg

-Brandon

I find This soooo funny, Yeah I didn’t know bearded dragons sleep in odd positions until I got Yeti. Seeing that picture really made me laugh. They are sooo funny.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Tasnene":2rxqcfhk said:
Also If I owned a bearded dragon that color I don't :lol: think I could resist picking names like Cheetos lol
Ha yeah, I understand totally. But I started off naming them a certain way and I'm stubborn and feel I have to continue down that path LOL.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Felt kind of bad that i've been so busy the past 2 weeks or so. The crew hasn't really gotten much love. They all got a small feast of dubias last night as a peace offering. And today I decided to spend a bit of time with Mei.

She was not too thrilled about it. I really need to start working with her more, she doesn't really like being picked up at all, but she's fine around me and in my hand, as long as I'm not actively picking her up.
So, here is a Mei photo dump

Exploring the room
31715-1118556969.jpg
31715-5178941777.jpg
31715-1039334396.jpg

31715-4588609291.jpg
31715-471596774.jpg

31715-4648895222.jpg
31715-8752299957.jpg

Suki was NOT having it. Someone does not like the idea of someone else being out of the tank. Out of all the dragons I've ever owned, I've never had a dragon like Suki who so clearly desires to always be out of the tank roaming around.
Just look at her watching me and Mei:
31715-7747321832.jpg
She is mad.. Lol.

While one of my dragons gets mad, another one gets.... creepy? LOL
I look up and out of the corner of my eye just see Tombo barely peeking a look at me and Mei. Litte creepy there buddy :laughing6:
31715-8964625205.jpg
31715-2330073021.jpg
Tombo has been wanting to get at the girls for awhile... I think it's starting to get to him :lol:

Oh, and everyone was weighed tonight.

Mei 174g
Suki 177g
Moro 177g
Tombo 408g

-Brandon

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Lol makes sense, you take really good pictures. It’s rare when I catch something funny. You do pretty well for someone that’s not capturing things on video. That Suki pic of her mad had me literally laughing out loud .

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom