Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby Mishathedragon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:36 am

She’s been doing this for 4 days now where she puffs her beard or she opens her mouth. Today I saw that she had a lot of saliva in the mouth. I gave her a bath on Friday, the water was 77 to 82. The basking temps normally are 103 to 107 the cool side is sometime 80 but it can go to 75. I’m switching to ceramic tiling and replacing reptile carpet because it’s going cold very fast. Lastly the humidity is 35 to 40 ish.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:19 am

Pics would be good of her mouth and what are you using for a UVB you did not mention --- and how are you taking the basking temps?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and click on pic when it comes up
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby Mishathedragon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:45 am

KarrieRee wrote:Pics would be good of her mouth and what are you using for a UVB you did not mention --- and how are you taking the basking temps?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and click on pic when it comes up
Karrie

I’m using a 10.0 t5 ho lamp and measure with a a digital thermometer on one side and hygrometer and thermometer on the other. I’m going to vet tomorrow so I’m sorry for just bothering with the question.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:04 am

Sounds like the temps are good -- it it possible she has aspirated some water-- have you given her a bath recently and she was drinking to fast? And you are not bothering us w/ the question--- dont ever feel that way that is what this forum is for
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby Mishathedragon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:13 am

KarrieRee wrote:Sounds like the temps are good -- it it possible she has aspirated some water-- have you given her a bath recently and she was drinking to fast? And you are not bothering us w/ the question--- dont ever feel that way that is what this forum is for
Karrie

I have given the bath a day ago and I was watching her the whole time. I put a little water on her head to help with shedding so I most likely was at fault for causing her aspirating some water. And I want to clean her tank just in case some other factor may have caused it. I would like to know what you use to clean tanks or if you can send a link to how to clean a tank.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 am

You can use vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50--- and paper towels -- you can spray her decor down w/ it too if its like a resin/ plastic decor ( not wood tho) and rinse off in sink --- take her out of her tank while doing this and let it air out a little before putting her back in it --- the smell dissipates pretty quickly w/ the vinegar----
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby Mishathedragon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:51 am

KarrieRee wrote:You can use vinegar/ water in a spray bottle 50/50--- and paper towels -- you can spray her decor down w/ it too if its like a resin/ plastic decor ( not wood tho) and rinse off in sink --- take her out of her tank while doing this and let it air out a little before putting her back in it --- the smell dissipates pretty quickly w/ the vinegar----
Karrie

Ok thanks and can I use dawn and hot water to clean tiling
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:04 am

yes and the vinegar/ water works good on that too -- that is what I use to clean mine w/
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4233
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Gaping and lots of saliva in mouth

Postby Mishathedragon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:08 am

KarrieRee wrote:yes and the vinegar/ water works good on that too -- that is what I use to clean mine w/
Karrie

Thanks I’ll update on her Tomorrow when I come back from the vet.
Mishathedragon
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Health

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users