ACCIDENTALLY LEFT DAY LIGHTS ON WHILE OUT OF TOWN

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

ACCIDENTALLY LEFT DAY LIGHTS ON WHILE OUT OF TOWN

Postby Joeybella10 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:52 pm

I arrived home after a two day trip out of state only to find that the timer I attached to my beardie’s lights hadn’t worked. He was supposed to be getting 12 hours of sleep on an 8:30pm to 8:30am schedule but instead he’s been up for the last 60 hours. God, I feel terrible. I left Thursday morning and I just got back Saturday night. Someone has been here once a day to feed him and replace his water but I don’t think they did anything about the lighting situation. What can I do to fix this? Is he in any danger? I know when he’s struggled with sleep in the past he got really sickly and stopped eating. I’m so worried. Please help. What should I do?
Joeybella10
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: ACCIDENTALLY LEFT DAY LIGHTS ON WHILE OUT OF TOWN

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:07 am

I would watch his behavior -- has he showed any signs of odd behavior since you have been back ? Did he have a place to go like a hide to get away from the lighting ?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby claudiusx » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:31 am

He still would have slept with the lights on, just not very well. Just do things as normal he should be fine.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby Joeybella10 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:13 am

KarrieRee wrote:I would watch his behavior -- has he showed any signs of odd behavior since you have been back ? Did he have a place to go like a hide to get away from the lighting ?
Karrie

He’s been glass surfing a bit more than normal but he did have a little shade under the log that is propped up next to his hammock. Other than that I haven’t really noticed much.
Joeybella10
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:24 am

That could be normal -- but it could be alot of different reasons and w/ out knowing anything about his tank set up or lighting I could not give a reason for that behavior-- how old the dragon is?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Joeybella10 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:11 am

KarrieRee wrote:That could be normal -- but it could be alot of different reasons and w/ out knowing anything about his tank set up or lighting I could not give a reason for that behavior-- how old the dragon is?
Karrie

His tank is 60 gallon tank with a heat lamp that doesn’t emit light and stays on all the time, a 75w basking light, a 100w UV light if I’m not mistaken. He’s close to a year and a half old.
Joeybella10
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:52 am

What is the brand and bulb of the 100w UV light ??--- You have a CHE -- ceramic heat emitter? What are the basking temps in your tank? Hes 18 months old ? Temps should be between 95-105 for basking -
are you taking temps??
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Joeybella10 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:27 am

KarrieRee wrote:What is the brand and bulb of the 100w UV light ??--- You have a CHE -- ceramic heat emitter? What are the basking temps in your tank? Hes 18 months old ? Temps should be between 95-105 for basking -
are you taking temps??
Karrie

Yes, sorry, a CHE. The temp reads 102 under the basking light and 80 on the cool side of the tank.
Joeybella10
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:36 am

how are you taking the temps? infrared heat gun? stick ons? or a digital probe ? what is the brand of the UVB and bulb? is it a coil?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Drache613 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Hello,

He will probably be just fine, but, he's likely pretty tired. LOL
So was he happy to get out when you got home?
You can keep things the exact same for him, but of course making sure that he gets his
sleep time now. Has he eaten much of anything since you returned home?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Joeybella10 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 am

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

He will probably be just fine, but, he's likely pretty tired. LOL
So was he happy to get out when you got home?
You can keep things the exact same for him, but of course making sure that he gets his
sleep time now. Has he eaten much of anything since you returned home?

Tracie

He was really snuggly since I’ve come back and his appetite has kept up. He’s a little sluggish, but otherwise he seems to be alright. Thank god!
Joeybella10
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER