Quick Staple Diet Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a staple diet for an adult bearded dragon. We have loved and used dubia's for a long time, but yesterday his seller ran out and I am trying to quickly find something to feed him for now. He loves super worms and that is what he is eating, along with wax worms that we had as treats. I am trying to find a better source of a diet that wont mess with his stomach.

My baby, Chroma is
length: 20 inches
Head length at widest part: 2.8 inches
He is a central dragon, who is tan goldish.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated and if you buy offline what seller do you use.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you find anyone locally who has a colony that may be able to spare some extra roaches? I'd check into that first. Hornworms might be a good idea or if you can get some silk worm eggs it might be worth hatching some of those on your own and see how that goes. That would take some time though. Until you find something new, you might try using squash and cutting it into worm shapes. That may help get him into more veges which is good at his size.

Hammie2496

Original Poster
I have been looking for someone locally, but all my reptile pet stores are sold out of dubias. I might look into getting some silk worm eggs, and I can totally go get some more hornworms todays. He loves those to death. He also eats a lot of salad, and veggies. In fact i only feed him a few bugs per eating, since he prefers his salad. I was just hoping to be able to find a more stable food source that i might be able to keep growing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's great that he's eating veges. Since he's 20in already he can probably go on mostly veges at this point so a wide variety of those is good to offer. If there are no local roaches available, perhaps hatching your own silk worms would be a good medium-long term option along with occasional hornworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom