Worried my bearded is getting too skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
I just looked at petsmart and they said they don't carry those lights anymore so I'm looking on Amazon now. I do have other pets, along with kids that come over to get babysat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His bugs should be dusted 5 x per week ---- both feedings- you can lightly coat them they dont need to look like a doughnut---- vitamins 2 x per week -- but he does need that calcium---
Karrie

Motherofdragon19

Original Poster
I'm starting to wonder if my little guy has gout not mbd. He's showing more signs of having gout. I unfortunately do not have any vets that take bearded dragons in my town. I have bought a light and he's had it for a while now and has been getting calcium regularly but is showing no signs of improvement. I hate to see him in pain, I don't know what to do. I've been giving him water by bathing him and syringe but he hates the Syringe and won't drink from it. He's been eating about 6-8 crickets but won't eat anymore than that. His temp on the hot side is 102 and cool side is about 80-85. He tries to move around but I can tell he's in a lot of pain. He's only 3 months old.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please PM Tracie Drache613 tonite ----or AHBD --- if he is pain that is terrible and I know first hand how it feels as I am diabetic and have gotten gout before ---- please get a hold of one of them and ask them - I would send pics of him to both of them so they can look at him to see if it is gout
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry that he's not improving. :( It's still much more likely to be MBD than gout. Good that you got the new uvb bulb, how long has he had it now and can you post a picture of the set up ? He is probably still sick because of not getting sufficient uvb soon enough and being in a taller tank he can't get close to the uvb . You can try a " hospital " set up like this with uvb across an open top low sided plastic tote .
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29889/full

This allows a baby to get unobstructed uvb and easy access climbing areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom