Worried my bearded is getting too skinny

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Re: Worried my bearded is getting too skinny

Postby Motherofdragon19 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:41 pm

I just looked at petsmart and they said they don't carry those lights anymore so I'm looking on Amazon now. I do have other pets, along with kids that come over to get babysat.
Motherofdragon19
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Motherofdragon19 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:10 pm

I think I might be giving him too much of his calcium and vitamin D3 too. How do you know what is too much though?
Motherofdragon19
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:47 pm

His bugs should be dusted 5 x per week ---- both feedings- you can lightly coat them they dont need to look like a doughnut---- vitamins 2 x per week -- but he does need that calcium---
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Motherofdragon19 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 pm

I'm starting to wonder if my little guy has gout not mbd. He's showing more signs of having gout. I unfortunately do not have any vets that take bearded dragons in my town. I have bought a light and he's had it for a while now and has been getting calcium regularly but is showing no signs of improvement. I hate to see him in pain, I don't know what to do. I've been giving him water by bathing him and syringe but he hates the Syringe and won't drink from it. He's been eating about 6-8 crickets but won't eat anymore than that. His temp on the hot side is 102 and cool side is about 80-85. He tries to move around but I can tell he's in a lot of pain. He's only 3 months old.
Motherofdragon19
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun May 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Please PM Tracie Drache613 tonite ----or AHBD --- if he is pain that is terrible and I know first hand how it feels as I am diabetic and have gotten gout before ---- please get a hold of one of them and ask them - I would send pics of him to both of them so they can look at him to see if it is gout
Karrie
KarrieRee
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby AHBD » Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Sorry that he's not improving. :( It's still much more likely to be MBD than gout. Good that you got the new uvb bulb, how long has he had it now and can you post a picture of the set up ? He is probably still sick because of not getting sufficient uvb soon enough and being in a taller tank he can't get close to the uvb . You can try a " hospital " set up like this with uvb across an open top low sided plastic tote .
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploa ... _large.jpg

This allows a baby to get unobstructed uvb and easy access climbing areas.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Health