Female going for operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have posted on here before about a potential egg bound issue. It turns out she isn't egg bound but is over producing the egg follicles (I didnt even know this could happen). This has caused her to produce alot of fluid in the abdomen. She has been given pain killers and antibiotics and is now at the vets over night for rehydration (as all of the water I have been giving her has gone to the fluid in her abdomen). She will be getting spayed tomorrow around 11am (UK time). I just got a call from the vets telling me that her bloodwork came back and she has extremely low white blood cell count and they are worried she may not come around after the operation. They have given her more antibiotics. They said the operation cant be delayed due to how fast she deteriorated (literally fine one day (just not eating properly) to dragging her back legs the next). Really I just want to know of someone else has gone through this and/or someone might know the chances she will be alright. Also any advise for if/when she comes home would be much appreciated.
I feel so bad for her and wish I could trade places with her. I love this girl so much :/

Thanks everyone!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope she pulls through it and bounces back! It's a serious surgery but I've seen it happen somewhat often. When you get her home, just try to keep her warm and comfortable. She may appreciate some nice soft fleece blankets to lay in while she recovers. Warmer overnight temps may be helpful too (maybe up to around 26 or so).

Smiffstaar

Original Poster
Thanks guys, she is going down for her operation in just over an hour, I really hope she pulls through. I have used kitchen paper to line her tank with and will include a blanket for her to have on her basking spot. She doesn't deserve to go through this, she is only 3!

Smiffstaar

Original Poster
Unfortunately, my little Viserys didnt make it. She made it through the operation and started to recover well, but then, a few hours before I was going to pick her up, she just went straight down hill and had to be put down. This is a very sad day and she will be missed. My and my partner rescued her a few months ago and have loved her since day one, and she will be forever in our hearts. She is a peace now and I hope she can forgive me if I failed her. We love you Viserys xxx

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is terrible ---------------- my heart breaks for you! :(
Karrie

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
My heart goes out to you. You didn't fail her, you did all that could be done, and she was very lucky to have such a good last couple of months of her life. May she rest in peace :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm sooooo sorry. :( It's always traumatic to lose a pet, especially under these type of circumstances. My heart goes out to you + your family.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am so terribly sorry that you lost your girl suddenly. :cry: It is the absolute worst feeling
in the world. Viserys was so lucky to have you & I am sure she knew how much you loved her.

My condolences to you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom