Hi

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Hi

Postby JIMMIA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi, I am really ashamed of posting this so please do not laugh at me, I’ve contemplated on posting this for the past 2 weeks, but today I’ve finally come to ask, so please do not laugh because it’s really hurting me (not really but making me feel irritable) - can kissing my beardie give me worms ? I read it can maybe give you salmonella but I don’t have them symptoms, I’m scared to ask a doctor, I’m scared to even tell you all and even my own mum - I don’t kiss her everyday, I know to wash my hands before and after picking her up, feeding her etc but my bum is getting slightly irritable, I’ve never had worms before I’ve had JIMMIA but since I’ve had her, it’s been itching off and on, it’s making me sad, I’ve booked a doctors appointment but waiting for the results - so has anyone had stomach turns or pains before from touching or kissing beardie to much ? :( :roll: :banghead: :cry:
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Hi

Postby JIMMIA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:12 am

guess I was righ - you are all laughing at me :'( I feel awful now :'(
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:31 am

No, we are not laughing at you. I just read this and, had to respond. Short answer would be, I don't think so but,not sure.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:20 am

Your bearded dragon is probably not going to give you worms by your kissing it or it "kissing you on the lips" .

You might get worms if you don't wash you hands after dealing with their poos before handling your food though.

Fortunately bearded dragons don't go around licking and sniffing each others' bottoms like cats and do , then "kissing" their pet humans. If you have cats or dogs , you will pick up worms by kissing them.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby JIMMIA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:32 pm

thank you :) results came back - it was eating to much chorizo and salami but is nothing I should worry about :|
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health