Help! pink poo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maktiw1

Hello I'm a fairly new bearded dragon owner of only a few weeks. Today my 3 month old beardie took a very large poo that had a pinkish coating around. He did a smaller poo later this evening that had more pink inside the poo. I don't see any blood or visible parasites. It's not in the uriate portion and only the poo. He does not currently eat any vegetables as he as been very picky. He's only had some small dubia roaches, hornwoms, butterworms and superworms in the past few days. My dubia roaches do feed on carrots however, he went a few days without the roaches and only got them back into his diet two days ago. He did not have this color before and this was when he had a lot more of these roaches in his diet. I have been thinking of switching up the roaches food but I'm not sure if this poo is normal. I do coat the majority of his food in calcium powder with vitamin d and sometimes mix it it with a multivitamin powder. I don't give him any colored treats and his basking temps are about 104 on the warmest side now. Previously it was down to 100 after I saw him hide most of the time but I was worried it was a little low so I re switched out his bulb and he seems to be doing fine. He has a 10 uvb from reptisun that he can get 6-8 inches away from.He normally eats a good amount with today being one of his exceptions. He is actively shedding his tail today so I think that is why he has hid more today. I will take him to the vet if I have too. I just want to know if anything I could be doing could cause this and should I be concerned? He does not have any sand in his tank, only a repticarpet.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, the color can vary at times without actually meaning anything is wrong. Can you post pics of it if it happens again ? Sometimes what the feeder insects eat CAN change the color a bit as you suspect. If he's generally pretty active I wouldn't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom