Vitamin Dosage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianna17

Hello!

I recently bought new vitamin powder for my beardie (Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamins and Rep-Cal Calcium w/ Vit. D3) and I'm not completely sure about the dosage. I have read that it says "Mix with vegetables, fruits and pastes approximately 1/2 tablespoon REP-CAL with 1/2 tablespoon Herptivite per pound of food". That specifies per pound, right? Overall, I'm confused. I want to know how much vitamin powder you put on per meal (for example, just giving your beardie some crickets), not per pound of food.

Thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't dust salads at all. They are well balanced and nutrient rich on their own if you provide a decent variety of items. The supplements are more for the bugs who aren't as nutrient rich as they would be in the wild. A light even coat of the calcium dust on the bugs at every meal but substitute it with the vitamin dust once or twice a week (or every 6-7 feedings) and that should do the trick.

brianna17

Original Poster
CooperDragon":vnrb83mj said:
I wouldn't dust salads at all. They are well balanced and nutrient rich on their own if you provide a decent variety of items. The supplements are more for the bugs who aren't as nutrient rich as they would be in the wild. A light even coat of the calcium dust on the bugs at every meal but substitute it with the vitamin dust once or twice a week (or every 6-7 feedings) and that should do the trick.

Thank you!

My beardie is 1 year old (if this helps any with the vitamin dosage information) and i was just thinking that 1/2 tablespoon of multivitamins and calcium just seemed a bit.. much? Because I really don't want to overwhelm him with vitamins.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At a year old one bug meal per day is good and slowly decreasing to 1 or 2 per week by around 18 months or so. That is a lot of supplement. Just need to sprinkle a little bit on the bugs in a small cup and gently shake until they have a light even coat. Let the excess stay in the cup.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
These same supplements are used on purely herbivorous reptiles like iguanas and tortoises that eat much more plant based food than beardies do. I think that's why they have some of the larger dose instructions. If you don't care for all the mixing, Repashy offers a good all in one product that you can dust on your crickets as Cooper described.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom