are theses lights ant good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 of my 4 t8 bulbs and holders are needing to be replaced, i seen these when i was at the pet store. i know ive been told alot before that MVB bulbs were great so are these any good?
80619-9250566535.jpg

Reptogal

What size tank do you have? I’ve been told that getting tube UVB is best, like for example a t5 Ho 10.0 reptisun UVB is what everyone suggested for me to get

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
They are OKAY, but definietly not the best, they can loose UVB within 3-6 months compared to the powersuns and megrays that last a lot longer.
Megaray is probably the best currently for MVB's though you should always have a tube light for your main source of UVB.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Solar Glo's are decent quality, but for a MVB, they are not real strong. However, the
one thing I love about them is that they do get hot & they have a nice brightness & wide
light spectrum.
I would recommend getting one but use it in conjunction with a T5 high output tube bulb
for maximum UVB + basking between the two.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom