Is he small for his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
My beardie is almost 10 months old. He is 14 1/2 inches and weighs around 215-220g. I am worried that he is on the small side. I know young beardies weight and length can be all over the place. You can see his hip bones though. Please let me know. Thank you!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he may be just a bit on the small side but not much. If his hip bones are prominent then he does need to eat a bit more food. What exactly are you feeding him and how often ? Can you post some pics ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attach them to your post

maddylemon

Original Poster
So I had been feeding him about twice a day since we got him a couple months ago. Lately, he has chosen to only eat about once a day, I think it's because it's winter and he is just slowing down. He isn't really brumating, just a bit lazy. He also hasn't lost any weight.
He has a salad put in his tank each day; this week it was collard greens, dandelion greens, purple cabbage, bell peppers, and butternut squash. He doesn't usually eat very much of it if he eats any at all but I always offer it.
For protein, he eats super worms, dubia roaches, and hornworms. I get a cup of hornworms every couple of weeks and he has one to two a day until the cup is all gone. I let him eat as much as he wants in a sitting, and if he doesn't eat a lot then I will just put his bowl in his tank for him to eat throughout the day.

Here's a couple of pictures of him. I can post more if you need me too, just let me know.

95411-319594737.jpg

95411-3522708593.jpg

95411-402086620.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks healthy to me. Nice well developed leg and arm muscles and looks well proportioned overall.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, he looks like a picture of health. That's why it's always good to post pics, what you thought were prominent hipbones are not at all, he looks good, muscular + well proportioned. :)

Good job.

maddylemon

Original Poster
Okay I'm glad he looks healthy! As with any new beardie owner I get a little paranoid, but my little guy also has MBD due to improper care from the place I got him, and I've been really struggling with trying to get him healthier. So I'm glad to hear he isn't too small! Thank you everyone for your replies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom