Need help with my beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two beardies there still little ones about 1 week and some days I bought them a little sketchy from a Craigslist guy he told me they were 2 weeks almost getting to three but when I got there they were so small and looked really stressed didn't want to turn him off because the beardies really looked L Ike they needed help and I felt sorry I made him drive far so I got one of the biggest one and a runt because I felt like I can care for the little guy so long story short I'm really low on money this month But manage to get a good basking light and a reptisun 10.0 bulb coil or whatever but found out later on here that they were bad so I immediately stopped using them just stayed using basking for now the light fixture shouldn't be a problem to get as long as it gives out the same wattage or more because I found one at Walmart and home depot size T5 but it only gives out 8w and the reptisun gives out 15-20w so I'm looking to even out everything by purchasing a T5 reptisun light bulb that gives 15-20w With a light fixture that gives out the same wattage so it will benefit my bearded dragon the most I'm guessing But the big question is I'm low on money I have no uvb and this is my schedule since I stopped using the coil reptisun Light bulb I been turning on basking light 100 -115F in the morning around 9-10am US depending on what time I wake up I let the warm up there until I see them on the cool side or wait an hour then feed dubia roaches gut loaded eating greens veg mix that I bought at the pet store dry but kind of wet or tender to the touch contains bell pepper and other beneficial vegs and greens I let the dubia eat that and Some other wet nutrient balls from "animal planet" well that's what it says But anyways I feed them dubia and I tried to explain to you what they eat But anyhow after my baby's are fed I take them out in a bucket Not to deep just a small size bucket tilt about 25 degrees spray the bucket 5x so there's a small puddle of water on the tilted side of the bucket so they can go there and get water there's also a bit of shade were the small little puddle is So they can cool down and they can also get uvb sun exposure so they won't get any bone disease also have one more question is it okay what I'm doing meanwhile I get the fixture and the reptisun uvb tube not coil But just making sure if I can keep this up what I'm currently doing for about 2weeks until I get enough money to get the things together please anyone out there help me out they atleast get 4 to 5 hrs of natural sunlight after they eat and bask in the morning And then around 5 when the sun's going down I take them back to bask until 8:30 to 9pm sometimes longer if i forget then lights out then another day of the same routine Please let me know if it's okay what I'm doing I don't want my beardies to suffer in anyway in the future thanks and I hope you guys get back to my post

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that you are able to give them natural sunlight. Is it warm outside where you are? I advise keeping them separate, especially if one is much smaller than the other. They are territorial and can be aggressive. One may start to dominate resources such as food and basking areas which will wind up harming the other. If they have their own space, it should help. For a UVB light, I advise getting a T5 22'' ReptiSun 10.0 https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26062-Reptisun-Fluorescent/dp/B00AQU8HKO/ and a high quality T5 fixture for it https://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/

For now, you could share it by shining it over two bins that have the basking spots side by side so half of the fixture is over each basking site. In the long run it's best that they have their own basking lights and space though.

Can you post some photos of them and their current setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom