About 4month beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so I just got me a bearded dragon I believe it's about 4months old but not sure it hasn't ate but I've only had it for roughly a day 1/2 he finally pooped today like at 12:20pm but he/she is walking weird or not sure if it's dragging but it's walking dragging the belly really different not sure what is wrong or maybe it's not done with the poop? Help? Just don't know if this is normal, &I if that's why it hasn't ate?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks like a pretty young dragon. I'm not sure about the walking. Can you post a video? You can upload to a host like vimeo or youtube and then link here. Do you see signs of a belly shed? That can cause them to slither around to try and loosen the skin.

Valcasillas08

Original Poster
I couldn't take a video but it stopped dragging just really won't eat anything ? Idk I mean it's really alert & can be active but very Idk still very weird & sleepy. Idk I just don't want it to be weak if it keeps denying food /:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
bum dragging ? would you describe it as that ...

sometimes they have some poo stuck partway out and do a bum drag for a while .... beardie equiv of wiping it's bum.

what substrate did the breeder or shop have him on ?
.... and what do you have him on in his tank ?

If you've only had him for a few days, he's likely still stressed from the huge changes associated with your bring him and all new things , foods , smells, sounds , and new routine . Keep offering him live high quality bugs at least twice per day (a few at a time to ensure he's not overwhelmed by bugs scurrying / hopping / crawling in all directions) .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he continues to refuse soft foods I would offer water via drops on his nose and see if he licks them up. Keeping him well hydrated will help keep him a bit more energized and may help him loosen and process a backup in his digestive system. If that's putting pressure on his spine it could be causing leg paralysis which can become serious. If he starts losing weight then I would get some Oxbow Carnivore Care and offer that the same way to give him some nutrients.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is your baby from a store or breeder ? Can you post pics of the set up ? Exactly what type + brand of lights are you using ?

Valcasillas08

Original Poster
Yes I can when I get home I'll take pictures & ive been giving it water like you said it does lick my hand & drinks it all mostly:) do you think it could probably not eat because it's shedding? I baught it at a pet store I wanted to get it from breeders but idk of any

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great that he's drinking, and the only reason I asked about where he's from is to narrow down a problem if he was in a store that didn't care for them properly. No need to apologize or feel ashamed if he is from a store, for some people that's the only option and some stores take good care of their babies. :)

A rundown of his set up can help if suggestions for changes are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom