5-10 minute rule???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
So...i have an a baby approximately 14 weeks old, with a ferocious appetite. The space between his eyes is about 1/2 in. I'm out of roaches so I picked up some crickets from petco. (Smalls) most of them are just over a 1/4 in. I mean they definitely look small, but not microscopic. They only other option was too big. Realistically I guess my question applies regardless of size. Anyway, he's a ridiculously fast eater so I have to give him one at a time, waiting about a second or two in between. I had given him approximately 40, it hadn't even been 5 minutes yet, and he was still going after them like he was starving. Can somebody please tell me with certainty how I should proceed in this situation? Continue till he loses interest? Or do I need to cut him off? BTW, this happened about 10 mins ago (4:45). He had a snack, about 10 crickets at 1:00, and for breakfast 8:00, he had about 15 appropriately sized roaches.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I was always told to let they eat as much as they want in a 10-20 minute period. It could be as little as 30 or as much as 50. That's what I do with my little girl (she's 6 months old), and she's never thrown them up or anything.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How big is she ? Can you post a pic ? If she's over 11" you can get larger crickets and just smash the heads + pull them off the body. If the back legs are very long + jaggedy, pull those off as well. You get 2 for one out of each cricket + save a lot of money.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice looking set up. :) Are all of the plants fake ? I love the look but my dragons would try to eat fake [ or live ] plants so be very aware that can happen at any time.

So can you measure your dragon to see how long he is ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Personally, when they are little, I gave mine as many bugs as they wanted, a few at a time until they lost interest.

At 14 weeks old Peppa and Toothless were scoffing down
up 32 medium crickets per day EACH split between 2 meals
or
20 medium crickets + 10 small (1.5inch) silkworms each
or
20 medium crickets + 6 medium (2inch) silkworks each.
PER DAY.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well he was sleeping last night and now I'm off to work, but between his eyes is 1/2 in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom