Worried about my juvenile beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellarenea

Original Poster
So just as a small update:
I got the reptisun 10.0 today, but all we carried was the t8, so I was unable to get the t5 but I figured getting the t8 was better than having the 5.0 anyway, he will officially be using it starting tomorrow. He is still aggressive with his crickets but I noticed a bit of swelling on his joints today during his bath. I'm hoping I've caught it in time and there may be hope in reversing some of the side effects. I'm going to wait a couple of days and see how he does and if he doesn't improve I'll contact our local exotic animals vet. Thanks for all of your help everyone, and if anyone has any more suggestions or advice I'd appreciate it ❤

cmoo

The t8 is fine for a 20 gallon. When you upgrade to a larger tank, you will probably need to get the t5 at that time.
If you can position the t8 so it is unobstructed, that is ideal. You mentioned before that you could slide the screen so that it was not between the light and the lizard, perhaps you can try doing that again with the new light. Make sure he can get 6-8" from the uvb for the best exposure.
The serrapeptase may help with the swelling. You can order it on beardeddragon.co
Since he is young and you are catching this early, you have a very good chance of reversing, or at least halting, the progression of the MBD. Best of luck! Keep up posted on his progress :)

Bellarenea

Original Poster
It's been a while since I've been able to update, but since my last visit here boo has been a vet and is now on a mix of liquid calcium and powder calcium with d3. The good news is boo does NOT have mbd. After some X-rays and a thorough exam it turns out he had some infant injuries that caused the joints in his arms and legs to pop out of place, and they healed that way. So unfortunately he will always walk funny and have trouble climbing. But other than that, the vet said he was a picture of perfect health!
90707-8661684016.jpg
90707-124157770.jpg
90707-7610553195.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom