Ideas for a 3D printing class project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MostBeast

I am in a 3D printing class and we have our big final project to come up with a product that improves our daily life. I have a dubia colony and it's just a big mix of different sizes and I kind of have a design laid out of different cylindrical modular pieces that will hold different sizes by having smaller and smaller holes as you go down. The top cylinder will hold adults, second will hold next size down, third next size down, and the last one will collect all the newly hatched nymphs, frass, etc. I'm trying to get some insight on what diameter holes to use on the different levels. Also, should they be circular or would making them ovular be beneficial? If you have any other ideas, feel free to let me know.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Grab some roaches and sort them into the sizes you want then measure them. Or use hole sizes according to common selling sizes. Oval holes would allow slightly larger roaches through I'd think.

Sounds like a neat project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom