*Gyda Warrior Princess*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of wanting one and at least a year of research I finally talked my husband into letting me get my first BD. I went and got a 40 gallon breeder on the $1 gallon sale (after being on here now I really want to build a viv :shock: ) and got a T8 reptisun, basking light and a CHE. Once I got the temps where they needed to be I started looking online at breeders to see what little guy/gal I was going to bring home (I unfortunately had little luck finding anyone near me) anywho long story short I had gone to Petsmart to get a hide and some branches when low and behold this little gal came racing up to me and started doing a glass dance and proceeded to follow me back and forth down the tank as I was looking. She had me right then and there. I went back for some repti carpet (which is a whole other pain in the butt) and then started the hunt to find an associate to get this little beauty out for me.

87862-6953287925.jpg

I get her home and introduce her my hubby, he has her all of 5 seconds and she's up his arm and acrobating off and onto the floor :shock: imagine my horror just got her home and I'm thinking great we've lost her or worse killed her. Luckily the floor is carpeted so she seemed fine and hadn't moved from where she landed but I kept a close eye on her for the next hour or so. She gave me the stink eye the whole time.

87862-8386459266.jpg

She seems to be doing well. I went to bed with her in this position and woke up with her in the same spot. I about fell over laughing. How on earth she could possibly be comfortable is beyond me.

87862-2338496363.jpg

PinkArcher

Original Poster
Little miss Gyda is starting to have me worried. She had some shed on her face last week and this week I noticed her legs and tail had gone grey but she hasn't eaten any protein since Monday ? I felt like a scavenger going through her poop yesterday to make sure it looked normal seems she ate some veggies while I was at work but she's gone from 24grams last week to 21 grams today. Shes still active and alert. Any suggestions or ideas how long this goes on?
87862-8678693003.jpg
here she is with her sexy legs haha

PinkArcher

Original Poster
I never realized how much I would fall in love with this little lizzard. I find myself wishing she could just hang out with me all day haha. Last night she was all cuddles, took about 3 weeks to get her to be comfortable enough to snuggle up with me.

87862-2481202521.jpg

I stayed up for an extra hour just because I didn't want to disturb her lol my hubby had to come on a hunt for me.

PinkArcher

Original Poster
I think Gyda enjoyed going outside. After she got of the initial fear and hiding out under my chin she finally scampered out onto my hand to bathe in the sun.

87862-591214807.jpg

PinkArcher

Original Poster
Gyda finally actually started to shed. After 5 days of no eating and scaring this momma half to death she has finally started to erupt out of that old skin haha. She seems much happier if a little half crazed trying to get it off. AND she is FINALLY eating!!! Have some dubia roaches, silkworms, and black soldier fly larvae arriving today from mulberryfarms. My baby's will have some good eating :D

87862-5216507888.jpg

87862-8112519425.jpg
The regal Gyda despite her shed haha :D
8inches and 22 grams

PinkArcher

Original Poster
So I have apparently decided to start my own mini petting zoo, 2 German Shepherds (Sergeant & Kahlua, 2 Italian Greyhounds (Loki & Bella) and now 2 Bearded Dragons (Gyda & The no named wonder). What can I say I just can’t have 1 of anything!! I picked up the baby on Saturday 8/13 s/he was 6 ½ in and 12 grams. On Monday s/he was 6 ¾ in and 14 grams. Been feeding them crickets excited about my order from Mulberry Farms and put a little variety in the diet.

They were allowed to briefly meet and suffice it to say that will not be happening again anytime soon. Gyda didn’t bite the babe but the little monster hopped off her branch and went to the corner of the cage and then battled rammed the side of baby straight into the wall of the tank. I swooped baby out and settled s/he safely into their own enclosure, that was enough excitement for one day. Miss Gyda thinks she’s going to fool me when I get her out of the tank and she sees baby she starts waving her arm then bobs her head then waves her other arm then bobs her head. Not gonna fool me haha. Anywho here’s the new babe :D

87862-7298282743.jpg

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Hi
They are both bueatiful. They are so cute when they're that small & they grow so quick.

Kay

PinkArcher

Original Poster
Good morning,

Thanks sometimes I have to remember that I just cant pull them out and hug them tight haha. I've always wanted a beardie and did a lot of research but I'm still surprised just how much personality they have :D. You read about it but you just don't truly know until you have your own.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Give them 6 months and you'll be able to give them more substantial cuddles/hugs. There's nothing like them falling asleep on you.

PinkArcher

Original Poster
I can't wait they are so much fun!!! Gyda warmed up to me almost right away the new little one is a bit more timid so we are taking it slow.

I'm finding I'm a buggy disaster. I asked my hubby to get some tweezers because I just can't find it in myself to touch roaches and he said no he would just feed them those but every time I ask him to feed them he is always busy :banghead: So...(this is kind of a long story) I grab the container and they have carrots and egg crate in there. I reach in and grab one of the egg crate pieces peering down at the roaches trying to find some small ones as I was feeding the smaller beardie, and of course the little buggers start marching towards my hand and crawling up my fingers. In my panic I flung the whole egg crate piece in the feeder tank (large ones, small ones it didn't matter at that point) lost a male under my bookcase, flung another one into my kitchen, killed the one in the kitchen because I was just so frazzled by that point, then proceeded to use the egg crate to pull out all the big ones and my poor beardie is in the tank running around like a mad wo/man trying to eat the little ones and scared of the big ones :oops: Found the male roach later scuttling across my living room and yelled like a banshee for my husband to come get it haha.

Then this morning I feed Gyda some silk worms and toss some med size roaches in (using the egg crate again but a little more carefully this time) afterwards I starting getting the babys food s/he gets black soldier fly larvae and small roaches. I get the roaches in and go to grab the larvae which I usually dump some on the lid and pick them out of the compost stuff they come in and wouldn't you know I knock the lid off the table and had the larvae all over the darn floor :banghead: So I just grabbed Gyda and told her to eat them I knew she wouldn't take off on me. I should just get the tweezers haha.

PinkArcher

Original Poster
So despite my aversion to these bugs and possibly against my better judgment I have decided to have a colony of roaches went and got a 18gal bin, heating pad, and bought a starter kit from theroachguy plus a bunch of small ones so I have some to feed my little munchkins. Considering the last few disasters I can hardly wait to see what will enfold now.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
PinkArcher":3bbc4gm2 said:
So despite my aversion to these bugs and possibly against my better judgment I have decided to have a colony of roaches went and got a 18gal bin, heating pad, and bought a starter kit from theroachguy plus a bunch of small ones so I have some to feed my little munchkins. Considering the last few disasters I can hardly wait to see what will enfold now.
When she gets bigger try supers they are easy to breed and have a long life span, as for the roaches get some dish gloves and rubber bands (for the cuff) and viola protection! I feed mine crickets (he makes me hand feed those) and supers with the occasional pupae as a treat. When you do breed roaches remember not to clean out the bin too often, cause the tiny babies eat the poop.....Draconis says hi and recommends emoji pillows for your beardies! :D they are just key chain squishies but whos gonna tell them......
86309-3394019348.jpg
not me!

PinkArcher

Original Poster
OOOOO... Gloves!! That's a great idea. I don't mind touching them, its the trying to pick them up and hold them while their legs squirm part I just cant deal with. I accidently bought supers when I made my first order for crickets online so they are still just sitting there because they are way to big to feed to them, I never thought of breeding them tho maybe I'll do that.
Well hello Draconis (im assuming male?) what a handsome guy. Love his emoji pillow!!! I promise I wont tell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom