Beardie not eating anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

jle323

Snuggles is 1 year old and we've had him/her since November. (I say him/her because our local reptile owner says he's a boy and our vet thinks, but is not sure, that he is a girl:). He's always been a good eater until the past month or so. He used to get excited when we fed him dubias and I could definitely tell he ate his salad. Now I rarely see him eat any dubias and if he is eating salad it's a small amount. He did have pinworms a month ago and we treated him, but he hasn't pooped in the past week for me to bring in another sample. He doesn't seem lethargic and I've been bathing him daily to encourage poop. For his salad I've been rotating strawberries, blueberries, apples, collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, escarole, bell pepper. He seems to have no interest. What can I do to entice him to eat again? Is there anything particularly delicious I can give him? I'm really worried, and I'm not very impressed with our vet and don't feel I can ask her (she had no idea what a dubia roach was). I appreciate any advice I can get.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Try not to worry quite yet. Usually beardies will not starve themselves. Did this all start with the worm treatment? Have you tried giving him a probiotic? Before this began what was his normal poop schedule (every day, every other day?).what are his current temps? If he is refusing food and is not pooping this can be a sign of impaction. Keep him well hydrated by misting throughout the day and at this point I'd do daily baths until he/she poos. Good herp vets are hard to find, I've noticed that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom