Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh no!!! Poor Gabriel :,( :,,,,(

I really hope it sorts itself out. Very sad news.

An hour to five hours? Wow how wrong was I ! Well how wrong was someone I read it from LOL

Well in this wonderful country there pretty much is anything and everything weird and wonderful and one of those things is pet hotels........... Yes I know.

But they are also REPTILE hotels!!!! So she will have a nice car journey and stay in a reptile hotel!!!! They supply all lighting, food and you can even e mail for a daily "how's she doing" they do a complimentary Health check when you check in LOL and she will be treated like an absolute princess. Oh and she will have bath and manicure. Can you imagine???

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, that is amazing! So this hotel is close to where you'll be? That's great news, she'll love all the attention and be well taken care of. Glad you found it!

And no, for Gabriel there is no cure. I'm just hoping that it doesn't pop as he'll bleed to death. I've sent an email to a vet I know to ask if they've ever dealt with it. A friend of mine works as a vet tech and she agreed that surgery can't be done. He's a very quiet beardie and doesn't move around much, just likes to sit in his tank and watch what's going on. She wants him to be quiet, so glad he is already and will let his stay that way. If I hear of anything that can be done will let you know.

Sounds like it's going to be a much better time away than you thought, with Princess being well taken care of. Glad to hear it!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm saddened about Gabriel :,( I really hope it sorts itself out.

Princess will probably hate it and hate me for a couple of weeks after it!!!!

Today she was active and we went into the sun as per her silent demand !! She turned SO BRIGHT YELLOW!!! Never seen her that yellow before. She was loving it but too hot for me so in she came (not happy) she's actually sleeping on her rock now.

She really has got into a habit of wanting out in the morning to sit under her outside light for an hour. The. She goes back and eats veg. Then she comes to front of tank around luck time to basically ask for dubia and then she comes forward and watches me to go outside. It's her schedule and boy does she let me know about it!!!! Clever girl!

But yes I am happy to know she will be properly looked after. Reptile hotel........ Lol hope to get some shots of the place to show you.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Would love pictures of this reptile hotel and I'm sure she'll make you pay for what you're going to do with her :lol: And I'm so glad she's loving the sunshine, so good for her.

They know their times for sure. When I get up in the am, Castiel is always over his worm dish, waiting for his 4 worms. He doesn't like his greens as much as his worms, will have to do something about that.

Cierra likes to idle around in the am, so I have to put her under her basking light to warm up so she'll eat.

Imp has discovered his reflection in the back of his tank and spends him mornings running back and forth, back and forth, black bearding and bobbing the whole way :lol: He's so funny.

Nathaniel is being lazy lately, but he will open his mouth so I can shove greens in there, isn't he good to do that? :roll:

And Gabriel, I keep as quiet as I can. I put him on his ramp for 1/2 hr every morning and then put him back in his tank. He's become more quiet, I think he knows there's something wrong. I snuggled him for hours last night. I know this is not going to end well, but for the time I have him, he'll be spoiled rotten.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Poor Gabriel :( no reason why it happened?

The others sound hilarious with their silent demands!!!

Princess is watching me waiting for roach but none today! Diet time!!! She chowed down all her salad. She lives the same. If I add different she ignores it!!!! Amazing creatures aren't they!!! All we do for them and they dont care at all and neither should they but its so funny!!!! And I guess we are rewarded with their trust :) beardie hug is lovely!

For sure I will get some sneaky iPhone shots of the hotel. December so a while yet

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No reason in particular. It's just a weakness in an arterial wall that just leaked and got bigger. Luckily it's contained and we want to keep it that way. It's not affecting his breathing but has been affecting his energy level, but him being quiet is what he needs to do. So I snuggle him as often as I can. Feed him normally, he's still pooping normally and isn't in pain. I'm going to order some serrepeptae anyway to give him, it won't hurt and may help reduce it a bit. Aneurysms are funny things, you just don't know when they're going to pop, if at all.

And yes, they have silent demands. Cierra likes to be 2nd out on the ramp where I can feed her greens and she can eat her worms & watch TV at the same time LOL

I'm off today, feeling very dizzy, so not taking the chance to take that long trip to work and back. So I'm off to put Castiel out, Nathaniel's been out enough. And then Cierra and then Imp, while I snuggle Gabriel.

Big snuggle to Princess, glad she's eating her salads, wish mine would :roll:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow that's crazy about the aneurysm. I hope the serrepeptae helps.

Cierra........ :lol: :lol: :lol: Females seem very funny! Males seem to be just food, sleep and sex LOL :lol:

Oh princess loves her greens! Makes me laugh. She grabs a big amount and chows down shaking bits off as she goes! Very cute!! Yesterday she ate all and there was a lot! Today is roach day so she will enjoy that :D I have already got males in the big tank so I will have to put them plus females into the breeding tank soon.

Tengu is currently out under her light watching me. She jumped down once and had a little run around. She was heading for her favorite hideout so I got her and put her ack under the light. She tried to run away which always makes me laugh :lol: :lol:

Actually I should weigh her today. She was 645g I told you an she lost a little so I wonder what she is..... I will do it now actually......... Ok I am back, she weighed in at 659!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW she doesnt look that big and not dragging her belly. She is shedding again on her neck and start of tail so....

Wow I am really surprised by that.Vet wont be happy :lol:

Now I hold her at the side of a very slowly running tap in the bathroom. She sits in my hands and licks the water :)

Talk soon

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh chubby girl. No the vet won't be happy, but she'll lose some over the winter when she won't eat as much. And she might brumate this winter, too (winter sleep) so she would lose some there, too. Either way, I think she's just right as she's not overeating by any means. And she's getting out and running around, too, so she's getting her exercise.

I just ordered 2 bottles of Serrepeptase to give Gabriel, don't think he's in pain, but it won't hurt. It's an anti-inflammatory, so maybe it'll do something about the size of the aneurysm, you never know.

Nothing else new, was dizzy this am, so stayed home and spent most of the day napping. Not sure what brought that on! So back to work tomorrow.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yesssss I hope she doesn't but knowing her she will!!! When is that supposed to happen? Around November? It's still hot here then so...

Oh yes she gets out a lot and lots of running around Lol!!! She has found her favorite sneak off and hide place!!! So cute because I can pull the paper she's on and out she comes looking pissed lol lol

Hope the dizziness went and work was okay. Dizziness is a nightmare. Now it's soooooooo humid here dizziness is an everyday event!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm lucky it just lasted until 10p and then I felt fine, so back to work last 2 days, now off for 3, yeah to Monday's off!

I'm glad she's getting used to being out of her tank and outside, too. What a spoiled Princess she is (oh like mine aren't spoiled rotten :lol: )

Brumation can happen anytime. Nathaniel and Cierra both went to sleep last August, Nathaniel woke up for good in Oct and I woke Cierra up in Feb, I felt 6 mo was more than long enough. And it was REALLY hot last summer, up until October. Castiel hasn't brumated yet, Gabriel has brumated 2 weeks total in all the time I've had him, even though he's alseep by noon most days. But I think that's the aneurysm, not his normal thing to do. And Imp is too young. So this winter should prove interesting. There is a really good article on Brumation at the top of the page, it was written by a friend of mine who had 3 beardies at the time. They all brumated differently. When I had Lonzo, he slept for 2 mo every winter, so did Sweetie. Leo also slept for 2-3 months. So they're all different. Didi never slept for more than a few days, then was up for a few days, then down for a few days, all winter long. All of those dragons have passed away now, but they sure taught me alot. Cierra and Nathaniel are the only dragons who have started sleeping in August, at first I didn't know what to make of it. Then I realized what it was.

Tomorrow I spend the afternoon with my sister and niece, we're going for lunch then to pick a pair of glasses out for me. I'll send you a picture when I pick them up. My eyesight hasn't changed but my glasses are cracked and time to change them, looking forward to my day tomorrow!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there

Oh she loves it and expects it everyday. Her schedule right!!

Brumation sounds nasty!!! It is of course very interesting and natural but i think it will scare me senseless!! She is so stubborn though she probably wont do it!! :lol:

How was your time with your sister and niece?

Beardie has been watching cartoons all morning :lol: :lol: isn't it strange? She will have a bath very soon. She has shedding again on the back of her neck and tail start area.

How are the crew?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My Saturday was wonderful. My sister had me come over early so try on clothes that she no longer wanted, so I had 2 big bags full by the time we were done, slacks, tops, dresses...it was wonderful, a whole new wardrobe! Then we went to my niece's new apartment and it's very nice, in an older but well kept building. Her dining/living room has 2 walls of windows, so lots of natural light.

After that we went to a Japanese restaurant where I had raw tuna and salmon on rice for the first time and used chopsticks, it was really good. Next stop of picking out two new pairs of glasses, I'll take pictures when I get them to show you.

After that Tehya went home and Gail wanted to see about a new pair of shoes and she ended up buying me a pair, so comfy. So I'll be going back to that shop soon to get another pair, but in black, the pair I have are a pretty shade of darker blue. It was a great success, felt like Christmas in July!

Now my sister & her husb are off on a 6 week trip in their RV, they're having a great time!

So Gabriel is the same, a friend of mine told me to give him tumeric daily, said my be successful in drying up the aneurysm, so I have to get some & start giving that to him. He's still the same but seems a bit more energetic, if he's been out in the sunshine for an hour or so in the am. I'm hoping it will be sunny for him tomorrow am, it was cloudy this am. Still feeding him worms and greens. Was able to find organic collard greens at a local market, which is great as bugs and dragons eat those.

Cierra has put all her weight on since she laid those eggs, I'm hoping this doesn't mean she's going to lay more...I'm waiting to see if there are any signs.

Imp still isn't eating, I'm thinking of buying him some Grub Pie, it's a product made out of phoenix worms, I'll think about that. So I've been force feeding him worms for the last 2 weeks and he's grown to 19" and 400g, so it's been a good thing that I'm doing. I'll think about Grub Pie, though, alot of dragons are eating it and it's full of good things.

Nathaniel is still my little brat. I blocked off the entry to to the stereo cabinet, so he couldn't get underneath it and he actually pulled off one of the big strips of tape holding the partition up. Brat! But he didn't get through. He's also fed his worms and greens and is keeping his weight up.

Castiel is still shedding in places and his tummy feels crunchy, so I think that's the next piece to come off. He's not changed at all, still at attention in the morning over his worm dish waiting for me to get up & serve him :lol:

Of course her schedule, whose else's? Not yours :laughhard:

Brumation is a pain so hopefully she doesn't want to sleep this winter. Some dragons never brumate, others brumate every year. I'm waiting to see what Nathaniel and Cierra do, as they're the only ones who slept last winter.

Oh cartoons, so funny, Imp is watching them right now. I put his Ella the elephant stuffie on the ramp with him, so he put her upside down and is leaning on her head :mrgreen:

I have Disney Jr cartoons on the TV all day. They all have their favourites that they watch or completely ignore them, depends on the dragon. They are all so funny.

So I have some new pictures:
Gabriel right in my face, giving me a hug:
11887-6550874729.jpg
Gabriel and Nathaniel snuggling
11887-8425171771.jpg
Nathaniel got restless and ran around on the bed:
11887-8107069619.jpg
Didn't last long before he jumped down and I put him back in his tank.

Imp enjoying basking
11887-2256410430.jpg

Cierra on the ramp, she likes to have her bugs and greens with her as eats better there than in her tank:
11887-9645047895.jpg
And hugging her piggy:
11887-4272401580.jpg

Gabriel enjoying sunshine a couple of days ago:
11887-3034515982.jpg

Nathaniel runs to the other side of the tank when he poops, he thinks it's toxic waste "MOM, GET RID OF THIS STUFF!" :lol:
11887-4208045499.jpg

Castiel contemplating life on his log:
11887-7461461909.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Please excuse my late reply. I thought I had and then realised I hadn't!

I'm going to mail you properly tomorrow as I'm on my way to a concert now but the pictures are very cute :)

Tengu doesn't s ugly me like that :(

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello!!!

Please excuse my late reply. So busy lately it has been hectic!!

Christmas in July!!! LOL sounds like it was a great weekend!! Also sushi! I cannot eat fish which is a bit of a headache in Japan LOL

How is Gabriel doing? Did the turmeric work/help? I hope Cierra isn't pregnant again! Imp eating now? Wow you have a lot to deal with with so many drgaons :lol: princess is enough for me!!!

Again great pictures :D Tengu doesnt snuggle like that. She will happily sleep on me or sit on my shoulder in the sun etc. New thing is to hold her next to dripping tap as she licks away :lol: :lol: she quickly learned that!

I have to get to the supermarket as she didn't have any food yesterday. Not a bad thing for my big girl though! She is giving me the stink eye right now actually. OHHH yesterday she ran around like.... well something very fast lol. She seems to enjoy running on the wooden floor and sliding around, it is very cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom