sleepy beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 5 and a half month old beardie has been in his new 4x3x2 enclosure for about a month, and i was wondering if other beardies sleep in the same spot when they are ready to go to bed at night. i know that they pick different places to nap during the day but i want to have a nice place to put a pet bed or something for him to sleep on so he doesnt sleep on the floor. he has never really utilized his hides so i think that might have something to do with it. i know it isnt a big deal and i dont want to force him to sleep in the same spot, would just like to show him some encouragement. any suggestions?

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
that one is a toughie my dragon will only go into the hides to get crickets i got two of them when i got him because the one is tall and he could use it to bask on. any how he always sleeps under his basking light during the night and i have no idea why it stays plenty warm enough for him so much so that i do not need a night heat lamp most nights even on the cooler ones.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Honestly, they really just have a mind of their own. It could be something to do with their sense of where heat is coming from, where there is no light, or just where is the most comfortable.

Gary doesn't sleep in a tank anymore now that he's full grown, he sleeps on my boyfriend's and my bed, behind our heads in the shelving in his blanket. Spoiled little dude. He just goes in his tank when we aren't there during the day.

Does your beardie have a hammock? Both of mine do and spend most of their time on them because they seem to be so comfortable for them. Roger sleeps on his every night.

Haku usually sleeps on his hammock, which is also where he spends most of his time during the day. Usually when the light switches off at 11pm, he just lays down wherever he is at the moment. But occasionally he'll crawl into his hide for the night, especially if he decides it's bedtime before his light goes off.

MichaelO

Finn sleeps wherever she finishes up when her lights go out. Its so funny sometimes. Last night she had managed to fall asleep vertical. She got herself in the corner literally standing on her tail. I watched in amazement as she nodded off and started to fall backwards so I moved the log and put her flat. What I usually do is when she falls asleep I have a small fleece blanket that i place over her. She does have a few places where she can sleep and sometimes even makes it into her half log but on most occasions she sleeps wherever she wants. Wish I got a photo of her sleeping on her tail will get one if she does it again.

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom