Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's just crazy law about the dubia. Japan has some insane laws but at least we can have dubia!!

Glad to hear work went well :D

Princess likes her heat at steady 33. She knows when to move etc. It is very funny that she doesn't sleep in same place every night! Yes, she slept on me and when moved she wasn't impressed :lol: she would definitely be a free roam dragon if I can when I get the house.

Right now she is basking and loving it. She had a hard day today being fitted for her hand made leash which I am happy to say is awesome!!!! I am quite proud of myself! LOL SHE HATES IT!! :lol: :lol:

Out it on and its a great fit etc and she scratched it and then ran and sort of slid her beard on the floor to get it off and scratched again and eventually gave up! I made a video as it was very funny doing sound over her. For example " WTF is this, get it off get it off, I hate you stupid owner" as she was trying to get it off. She will learn to love it :) I bought special Japanese character cloth for her, so ungrateful LOL

Now though I can go outside and let her chill without me holding her, put her in supermarket pet basket etc. She will soon realize she can be "free" LOL

I will put a picture on here soon for you. Give her break for the rest of today :)

Have a good night :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They hate anything new!!!!

When I put an onxy egg in her tank she looked at it like it was a monitor that had come to eat her!! About two weeks she avoided it at all costs! Now she parks her tail over it, her stomach over it and rests her chin on it :lol: :lol:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I just looked at her and she closed her eyes! She is not happy with me!! :shock:

Bad girl! She will soon learn to love it! She loves being out exploring! In the car she gets soooo excited!!! I even got her a pink release clip (which she tried to eat) :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She will get used to the leash, like anything new it takes time.

Love the pictures, so good to see her! Thanks, I"ll have pics on the weekend, no time during the week. Off to get the kids their breakfasts, talk to you later, snuggles to Princess!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you

Yes it will take time for sure. She is looking at me this morning as if to say "don't do it, don't even think about it" :lol: :lol:

hahahahahhaa I looked over to her and shes giving me the stink eye! :lol:

There was no snuggles last night! Turned her back to me and went to sleep!

Talk soon

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Are you all ok? I just realized it's been over a week since I've heard from you. My vet got the results of whatever Gabriel has today and I'll get them on Monday when we go in, I'll keep you posted.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep all good.

I was thinking something had happened to you! :lol:

Tengu is lovely but hates her leash! She stood outside in the sun tied to the fence. It was perfect as it had shade both sides and sun in the middle. She froze!!! I think it will take a lot of getting used to!

Bath today and now she is watching me for dubia. So funny how she stands near the glass and stares at me for an hour!

Hows the crew and you?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Everyone is good but Gabriel, he's back to sleeping early in the day, not sure how much this mass is bugging him. I'm back to work, was so exhausted on Friday night but feeling better. Have Mondays off for July and August, so glad to just have 4 day weeks. Easier to get through. I see my doc on the 20th, hopefully she'll figure out why I'm so tired all the time. Coughing a bit, too, think the bronchial tubes are still inflamed a bit.

I'm sure she'll get used to the leash soon, it does take awhile.

Give her a snuggle from me, k?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hope you get answers and feel better soon!

I hope Gabriel is okay :(

Princess is ruling the roost. We just had 20 minutes outside in the hot sun. She loved it but a lorry came quite fast and she got scared and ran up my chest to hold her. Very cute!!!!!

Here's a question I keep forgetting to ask you. We are going to go away for two to three nights in Japan for the Canon Gallery. I was wondering what to do with princess?!? Don't have family here to pop in on her, can't ask any friends because they work and it's not really done in Japan. I'm happy for her to come with us but it's in December so it's cold. I can have her out a lot and take heat lamp for her but what about UV? Hmmmmm HELP!!! LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've never travelled with my dragons as I don't go anywhere that's for more than a day. But I had to leave my dragons for 3 days when I was in hospital. I fed them on Wednesday before I went to my sisters and didn't come home until Saturday afternoon. They were fine not eating for Thursday and Friday. You can leave her at home but not sure if she'd like that, being as she gets out with you daily. She doesn't need UVB for 3 days, can live without it as long as you have basking light for her, as if she eats she needs to be under heat at the right temp for at least an hour if not two. So if you can take her, that's all you really need. She can travel in a tote and you can set up something for her at the hotel. That's the best info I have.

Gabriel and I are going to the vet at 9:30a tomorrow, so will post when I get home. I'm hoping, whatever this mass is, it can be removed. That would be the best scenario. The worst is it's cancer and he'll eventually die. I'm hoping for the best.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh they can go without UV? Or best scenario I just though of is the all in one bulb! Or outside time. I read they have 20 minutes in sun it's same as 24 hours tube. Is that right?

Hmmm look like she's coming with us!!

Gabriel :,( I sure hope he's okay :,,,( I can't imagine it. Please do keep me informed.

Thanks for the info!

Oh car journey! She will be fine with no light or heat during that? 3 hours. Sit on the dash board!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's sure pretty in the sunshine. An hour of sun is 5 hours of UVB lighting. I'm glad she's going with you, she'll be fine. Or yes, the MVB all in one bulb would work very well for her.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So we're back from the vet and it turns out that Gabriel has an aneurysm, which is
an excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall. There's nothing the vet can do, she said surgery could cause it to pop, which means Gabriel could bleed out. So it's a waiting game to see if it could possibly reduce over time. My vet took a blood test as a baseline, and also to make sure his results are all normal. I'll get those results later this week, she'll leave a message and if need be I can go in on Monday am again.

He's comfy in his tank but he got ramp time, too. He wasn't out for long when he was back underneath his tank wanting back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom