Beardie is having multiple seizures...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiemomma2

Hi, ok so when is the last time your dragon had meat (aka ... worms, crickets) could he be having an allergy to one of the items you're feeding him? Try stopping what you're feeding him and do the beardie pellets and also some worms or crickets. Don't forget to gut load them first and also dust them with calcium powder. :) let us know how he's doing after you try that.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Any updates on your dragon, are the seizures getting better?
How often are you giving him oral calcium? Spraying him with calcium wont do a whole lot though. I highly recommend giving oral calcium 4-5 days per week.
Have you been able to get him outside in the sunshine any yet?

Tracie

Silver78

Original Poster
Update on Thorn...
He is down to 1-3 siezures a week as far as we can tell. I still have to hand feed him tho. He didn't go for the crickets last week, I will try again this week maybe. He's been outside a few times when it's nice out, he quite likes that. He seems to laze around with his tounge out as well lately, he didn't do that before. He has liquid calcium everyday and get sprayed a couple times a day.
Thanks for everyones comments and ideas :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear Thorn is not having very many seizures now! :D I hope that he continues to improve. Once he is feeling 100% hopefully he will be interested in crickets.
I am sure he loves going outside in the sun! That should help a lot for his bones. The liquid calcium should be improving his serum levels in his system also.

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom