Vader's Necropsy results

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results of the necropsy on Vader is back, she was poisoned by calci sand. It had been poisoning her body almost the whole time she was on it... I feel so responsible. So please people do not put your babies on that sand! Its terrible stuff. Do your research!
has any1 ever heard of a baby being poisoned by the calci sand before?

RIP Vader you are dearly missed.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Holy crap for real? Is that true that it can poison your dragon? :shock: :shock: :shock: I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was that bad! Thank god I don't use it!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which brand of calcisand were you using & exactly what is/was in it?
I am so sorry about the test results. :cry:

Tracie

VadersMama

Original Poster
Drache613":1b475p8z said:
Hello,

Which brand of calcisand were you using & exactly what is/was in it?
I am so sorry about the test results. :cry:

Tracie

I can't remember what brand of Calcisand (Trex or something like that)it was, it was recommended from the pet store that we got her from. It was a blue and orange color. The vets said it was a mixture of her eating it and it building up in her digestive tract and just an overdose of calcium in general . I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this webpage her death has really taken a toll on me. I feel so guilty. I will probably never buy another bearded dragon again. I beg of anyone thinking about using the sand DO NOT DO IT!! It will kill your bearded dragon

Firebonbon

Hatchling Member
Accidents happen, don't beat yourself up over it. It's bad that they recommended it to you. They obviously have no idea. :roll: Don't feel guilty. Maybe one day you can get another beardie when you are ready. -hug-

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry to hear you lost your baby. Sometimes pet stores don't know anything about what is good for beardies.

Harmzuay

Yeah, I always double check with online research before I do anything a pet store recommends and make sure multiple sources can answer my question in about the same way. Call me OCD but when it comes to my pets I can never be to careful. I don't ever want to kill any of them by not being well informed.

I initially got ReptiSand for Knucklehead and didn't have any problems but have since replaced it with AstroTurf. I avoided repticarpet or w/e that stuff is because their claws can get stuck in it or at least looked that way when I saw it in the store. I may even change it out to ceramic tiles eventually but for now the AstroTurf is doing just fine and it's just some stuff I picked up a huge roll of from Home Depot. I washed it and dried it before I put it in his tank just in case and the little guy loves it. Zero problems with the turf so far. :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry about Vader. I know how you feel. It's hard to loose them but if it happens in a way like that, it makes you feel that much worse, as if it's your fault but it isn't really.

bobbycarp

Hatchling Member
Yes, we bought our BD from Petsmart and they said NO SAND. They said it would bind up the digestive process and potentially kill them. Only Papers towels, newspaper, repti-carpet, or tile in their home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom