Can I use bearded dragon pellets as mealworm bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

I have a bunch of dragon pellets that my guy refuses to touch. Is there a way I can still make use of them? I've heard some people use them to gutload crickets and was wondering if I could also use them as bedding for mealworms. Should I crush up the pellets then put them in with the mealworms? (I am trying to bread mealworms)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you could do that. I dont think you will need to crush them up though. But of course you can if you want!

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dont moisten them it will cause mold to grow in your bins.
I just use oats for my mealworms and superworms. And I feed them carrots and potatoes and occasionally left over salad items after making the dragons salads.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I pretty much dont. Or at least I haven't in a long time lol. Maybe once or twice a year if I notice a bunch of poo building up.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I use dry adult bearded dragon pellets as food for my crickets ( who love them ) , the when the pellets soften ( as they will in hot humid weather ) , they then go into the mealworm and superworm tubs with mixed oat and wheat bran to enrich the food they are eating..

How often do I replace the mealworm and superworm bedding ? depends on the weather and how many worms are in it.

If it starts smelling , it's replaced.
If I notice a very fine powder on the lid and side walls of the worm tub, ( means it's full of little micro bugs ) it's replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom