What size Dubia to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start a colony and have enough to feed until the colony takes off. I'm looking at the specials on dubiadeli.com. What sizes and how many should I get?
Originally I was thinking #55 x2 but now I'm wondering if that's too many large roaches.
Help, I'm stuck on this lol
Thanks in advance!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since you have enough to feed off for now I'd get an order of mixed sizes so you have several generations to start with. If you want them to start breeding more quickly, get more adults (more expensive). Since you have some time I'd just get a mix pack of maybe 500-600 or so and keep feeding them plenty of fresh veges.

THREEDRAGONSTEMPLE

Original Poster
I don't have enough to feed currently. I need to make an order but I also want to get enough to start a colony. I'm not sure how to do both. I guess what you are saying is get mixed sizes. I'm just concerned about this ratio everyone is talking about. I dont want to spend a lot and it fail because I have too many adults.
I'm probably overthinking it lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would order some that are the appropriate size to feed right away and then just go with a mix pack. They take longer to start going but are cheaper. Maybe order a handful of adults if the budget allows for it. I started my colony with a mix (no adults) of about 500-600 and they started producing new generations after about 4 months. Having more adults would accelerate that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would probably keep the current feeders and main colony separate unless you want to pick out specific sizes by hand at every feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom