Ordering feeders in bulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that only have 1 or 2 beardies, do you order your feeders in bulk? I feel like I'm spending so much money every week going to PetSmart for crickets and mealworms.
I have an empty 10 gallon tank, so I'm thinking of ordering 1000 small crickets and 1000 large mealworms. Should last me about 2 months I would think. For $60, compared to spending $10 a week at Petsmart.. lol.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....ordering from a company is the way to go. If you order 1,000 small crickets it's better to keep them in a plastic storage container that's about the 18 quart size. That would be better than an aquarium because the little crix can easily crawl up the sealant in the corners. The plastic totes are fairly cheap, around $7 -$8 and you can cut a hole in the lid and hot glue screen to it. You can get all of that at Home depot, Walmart or Lowe's. Even if you leave the lid off the small crix have a hard time escaping, although some of them may. Mealworms are O.K. as the beardie gets older + larger, but they are not good for babies, they easily cause impaction. You can order crix from companies like Armstrong or Premium cricket. Look around for the best price. A 6" baby will do well on 1/4" crix....once the beardie is over 8" you can probably go with 1/2" inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nohupics
Top Bottom