Need help with winter food staple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in some real need of help with what to feed my juvenile during the winter. I would like to keep using crickets but i feel like theyll all be dead in mail, especially here in Indy. The pet store sells them for WAY too much and idk what else to do. Please help

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can get alot of different bugs from www.rainbowmealworms.net. I get supers from Gillian (the owner) and they always arrive live. She will replace whatever dies en route. www.mulberryfarms.com is another good place to order from. What about dubia roaches? They're easy to raise and once a colony is established, you will always have a wonderful food source.

I can't think of anything else, as I buy a few crickets for my crested gecko from my local pet shop, supers from rainbow mealworms and I have 2 established dubia colonies. Those are the only bugs I have. I'm sure you'll have others on here telling you of other sources.

moved to Feeders by moderator

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Most of the mail order places will include a heat pack(sometimes annul charge) and as long as you can follow the requirements for live-delivery (someone to receive the package and temps above a certain threshold) they will replace dead on arrival orders.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Maybe you can convince them that dubia are easier, quieter, and less smelly than crickets? :lol:
The nymphs are really not as creepy looking as the adults, they look more like pill bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom