Gorilla Wood Glue Makes a Great Sealant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Just thought I would throw this out for everyone.. I've used Mod Podge and Elmers wood glue for my DIY rock projects but I recently ran across the Gorilla Wood Glue and it works great! Its non toxic, dries clear, for indoor/outdoor use, type II water resistant and it dries fast and strong.. I just mix a little water with it and put it in a spray bottle.. You can also use a paint brush to paint it on..
glue2.jpg

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
Can anyone else confirm that this is a good nontoxic sealant? How does it clean up when your beardie dooties?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
namrufmot":2m2m2go5 said:
Can anyone else confirm that this is a good nontoxic sealant? How does it clean up when your beardie dooties?
Go check out www.lizardlandscapes.com the guy on there uses the elmers wood glue which I've also used and I like the gorilla glue better.. It's water resistant and cleaning is no problem.. I use the clorox wipes and then go over It with a really hot wash cloth..

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
Score....so even under 100 degree temps it won't give off any funky vapors? Does it dry glossy or matte?

About how much glue to water did you mix in the spray bottle?

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
Hate to be a paint but:

About how much glue to water did you mix in the spray bottle? And how many coats did you do?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
U just kinda hve to put a little then try it.. U want it to spray kinda misty like.. If it's shooting a straight line it's still to thick... It doesn't require a whole lot.. I would do at least 3 coats.. Some places might puddle like on the steps but don't worry bc it dries clear..

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
And you used it to seal after grouting? If you painted it on, would you still need to water it down?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I used it after I sprayed the weathered stone stuff on it.. Yeah u will want to still water it down b/c it will dry faster..

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
I just finished my rock/ramp last night and used Gorilla glue to seal it. It went on great and dried crystal clear....BUT after the heat bulb had been shining on it for an hour a BIG BROWN dot appeared on it. The temps were never more than 95 according to my Accurite probe and heat gun.

Now my gorgeous ramp has a big ugly brown spot on it. Any idea how this happened??

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That's really odd I've never had that issue.. and my friend (rowenjade) who is also a member of this forum used the same stuff and she never had that problem either.. My temps are usually around 108 on the basking spot.. Does it look like something melted underneath?

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hmm.. Thats so weird.. maybe u should mix more up and use a paint brush to paint a few thin layers on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom