veggies

Kaimaster

Howsit to all the South Africans :)

I'm just curious to see what all greens everyone's feeding their beardies and where do you all buy them from? :mrgreen:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi! I'm not sure if you are directing this post just at the South African users on here or not. I can't help much with a local source of veggies, but I get most of mine at the local organic food market or the organic/local section of the regular supermarket. I like to provide mustard, collard, and turnip greens as staples. I also use a lot of squash (various kinds) and green beans. I sometimes mix in a little bit of blueberries or raspberries for a treat. I usually provide 2-3 items in each salad. It comes down to what I can find that is fresh. I generally try to use what is on this list http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Hey CooperDragon, thanks for the reply :) I also refer to that website, the only this is I'm not to sure what collard and mustard greens are :banghead: like I'm not sure if they maybe have a different name here and that's why I can't find them or whatever the case may be :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In England I think Collards are called spring greens. Not sure though. I can't find them in the Winter all of a sudden here anyway (it's -10 out now) so I'm using Kale and Dandelion Greens. Just use what is fresh at the market and you should be in good shape. =)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would avoid spinach. Kale can be fed in conjunction with other veggies and greens. I don't use it as a staple though. Squash is very good. I think it's called baby marrow over there and should be in season. Pattypan should work too. You could mix in some rucola and some green bean pieces too if you can get those.

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Ok yes baby marrow I know of! :D Great thanks so much Cooper, i will defs have a look around and try give that a try, ive mostly been feeding basil, but on beautifulragons that is listed under occasional so looking for more staple veggies, how is your rescue doing by the way ? ? :blob8:

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Ok so finally found some habbard squash :D happy days, Kai chomped like 2 fat bites and that was it haha might take some getting used to lol, :mrgreen: I also think he doesn't quite know how to eat this new mushy food haha :silent:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like you'll have some healthy options available for him now =). One trick I use with the (cooked) squash is to roll small pieces up to look like worms. That sometimes grabs attention, especially if you wiggle the pieces around a little. Dundee is OK. Kind of upset about his current round of Baytril but is hanging in. Thanks for checking in on him =).

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Yes happy to finally have found something to feed as a staple :D ok awesome il give that a try too!
Awh ok I see, already he's come a long way and you have done wanders for him. :mrgreen:

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom