Ponazuril questions

This forum is for people to discuss the issues specifically around having to deal with infectious diseases such as Adeno virus or Coccidia.

Ponazuril questions

Postby Axelrose » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:35 am

So I’m supposed to treat axel with his last two doses of ponazuril on Thursday and then again on Sunday. I have to go to my sisters for thanksgiving and I won’t be able to do either dose at the right time. Is there any way I could give it to him today and Thursday instead? Will it being a couple days early make it less effective? (The person watching him isn’t comfortable giving him his medication without a second set of hands, (me)). Thanks in advance!

Chelsea
Axelrose
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Ponazuril questions

Postby AHBD » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:35 am

That would probably be fine. Have you asked the vet ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Axelrose » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:26 am

AHBD wrote:That would probably be fine. Have you asked the vet ?

I did and they were fine with it. I’ve treated him and I’m just wondering when I should send them a sample. He’s had runny unformed poop the entire time and I was wondering when I would should see a difference and if I should be worried still. He finished his treatment yesterday and I just want him to be okay.
Axelrose
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm

After treatment, keep everything cleaned and well sanitized (especially areas that have come into contact with poop). I'd probably give it a couple of weeks and then take a sample in.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Axelrose » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

CooperDragon wrote:After treatment, keep everything cleaned and well sanitized (especially areas that have come into contact with poop). I'd probably give it a couple of weeks and then take a sample in.

So his poop is still unformed like a mushy consistency. Is there anything I should worry about? Is it a problem? I think it does smell a little better but I don’t know if that’s enough. Could there be something else wrong with him?

Thanks!
Axelrose
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:34 pm

I'd still give it some more time. The mushy poop itself shouldn't be harmful and it's good that it is starting to smell better. Keep him well hydrated and tank kept sanitary and give his system some time to recover and start managing his digestion and possible remaining parasite load (if low it's not a big deal in most cases).
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, any improvements now, since the treatments ended?
What foods is he eating now?
I'm sure that it has probably cleared up by now, but sometimes it takes awhile for their body to
get back to normal.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Dealing with Infectious Diseases