Bearded dragon VERY weird symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon kalahari is almost 10 months old and seems to be sick but no one can figure out what is going on with her, PLEASE HELP. She is 22” and 450g (I’ll explain why SHES so heavy later) in a 75 gallon critter condo, with t8 UVB and a basking place measuring at 105° on average. She has both a hot side hide and a cool side hide, kept on nonadhesive shelf liner, her humidity is 35% on average. Her basking light is about 7/8” from her back. Her tank temp is about 85-90°. At night it stays at a stable temp of 80-85°. She is fed Dubia roaches with the occasional super worm or hornworm treat. She still isn’t big on veggies but DOESNT eat much anyways- which I’ll explain now. So now that I’ve explained her care, kala has not been the same ever since she got a URI about 5 months ago, we took her to the vet ASAP and the vet we went to first was Loco and gave her like 7 different treatments and said it was pretty bad. But we followed her instructions knowing we weren’t the vets, then realized about 2 months later upon it getting worse and worse (she told us it was normal that she got worse) that we needed to consult a different vet. We went to another exotics vet the next day and made an emergency appointment, he saw her and (ofc fell in love with her) but mentioned she shouldn’t have been treated that complex and should’ve just been given baths frequently to loosen the mucus. It healed almost immediately, but she never gained her appetite back, Dr.Greg (our current vet) gave her a B12 shot and it seemed to help for a day or two then she would return to being lethargic and not wanting to eat but maybe one or two bugs a day. So he tried it one more time. Didn’t help as much this time. So we stopped that. We were still worried weeks later (she was not losing weight at all) and took her back, he suggested it may be half brumation since she was only 8m at the time. We also had xrays done and no eggs, just a little bit of gas. She was sleeping quite a bit so brumation almost made sense! Then a week later she was no longer sleeping but at night, so brumation was off the table. We took her back again ASAP, he saw her and did an all over exam again and another X-ray because he knew how worried we were (I wanna cry writing this because I just want my baby back) and Nothing was wrong. He said we would have to wait it out but he knew she liked her baths and said to continue doing those every other day if she liked them. Two weeks from then she almost stopped eating entirely, every 4-5 days she will eat one or two bugs. We took her back again, She gained 20g making her 450g somehow and yet- nothing. No eggs. Then this week we called him and we just picked up Panacur (a dewormer, which she had once before with our ex-vet) Incase she does have parasites. But she’s really not showing the signs. she recently began CHUGGING water in her bath, like a minute worth every time. Then she smacks her lips when she’s done (it’s actually kinda funny and cute) She also occasionally scoots her butt on the floor, and she’s recently starting to get stress marks which she hasn’t had since she was 2 months old and we brought her home. She still won’t eat, we have tried BSFL, Mealworms (ik not the best but we were desperate), baby food, puree’d her staple veggies, we have tried EVERYTHING. Even switching her vitamin powders. We are at a loss and don’t know what to do. Please help if you can...I just want my kala bear back to being healthy.

KalaBaby2020

Original Poster
I’d also like to mention she hasn’t had a bowel movement in a week but this has become normal as she doesn’t eat much. She is still quite active though, not lethargic anymore.

KalaBaby2020

Original Poster
Oh! And we’ve tried every veggie/fruit there is as well as bee pollen on her salad. She still won’t eat it- (sorry for all the posts I’m just incredibly worried about her...)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Where is the t8 UVB ? Is it on top of screen or in the tank ?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Has there been change in her surroundings- another animal causing the stress? Is she near a window that she can see birds? The nite time temp should be lower than 80-85 it is too warm for them to get a good nite sleep-- it should be no lower than 65 -- I would not give the pancur w/ out a positive result for worms! Are you giving that to her?
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it sounds like she was ready to brumate when she was first started on the antibiotics and then was waaaaay over medicated. Then her good gut flora was wiped out which causes loss of appetite. All the meds. + stress can keep beardies from eating. You can try a probiotic for her, www.bugdelite sells it or try soy yogurt. You should also have bloodwork done. Can you post pics of her + her tank ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to uupload them

KalaBaby2020

Original Poster
KarrieRee":21mlj07g said:
Has there been change in her surroundings- another animal causing the stress? Is she near a window that she can see birds? The nite time temp should be lower than 80-85 it is too warm for them to get a good nite sleep-- it should be no lower than 65 -- I would not give the pancur w/ out a positive result for worms! Are you giving that to her?
Karrie
No she is not near any animals nor are animals aloud in my room where she is kept and there’s no windows. Also with the temps at night, she gets really restless if they’re lower than 80° which is why I keep it there. And yes I am giving her the Panacur but only for one more dosage as the vet requested we call him after the second dosage in two weeks. If nothing has changed drastically blood work will be done

KalaBaby2020

Original Poster
AHBD":1nrbzxum said:
AHBD":1nrbzxum said:
Hi there, it sounds like she was ready to brumate when she was first started on the antibiotics and then was waaaaay over medicated. Then her good gut flora was wiped out which causes loss of appetite. All the meds. + stress can keep beardies from eating. You can try a probiotic for her, http://www.bugdelite sells it or try soy yogurt. You should also have bloodwork done. Can you post pics of her + her tank ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to uupload them

The antibiotics were given to her 4 months before the whole possible brumation thing though so that doesn’t make sense to me I guess. I’ll look into the probiotics tho! And bloodwork will be done soon! Also I’ll see if I can figure out the pic thing haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom