His poop looks weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce (My BD) pooped like an hour ago and this is what it looked like. I think that long white thing is good though, let me explain. I got him a week ago and the Petco lady said that I could feed him Superworms until I got his crickets. I got home and them fed him like 2 or 3. I did some research later that day, and I found out that the worms were way too long and could clog up his digestive system. I think that white thing is one of those worms he couldn't digest or something. He has NOT seemed sluggish or twitchy at all so I think he's ok. The poop smelled like it usually does (Awful) :puke: It was a little liquidy still so that's ok I think. Is his poop ok, or should I be concerned?
100349-3987463731_small.jpg

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
The white thing is their urate (urine). They are usually more softer looking like the stool. Looks like he's been getting plenty of calcium. Not too much to worry about. Unless he's older, I would get those crickets sooner rather than later. It would be harder to digest supers when they are younger.

Flapjack6260

Original Poster
kyleena29":3g591ad0 said:
The white thing is their urate (urine). They are usually more softer looking like the stool. Looks like he's been getting plenty of calcium. Not too much to worry about. Unless he's older, I would get those crickets sooner rather than later. It would be harder to digest supers when they are younger.

I just barely got Dubia's yesterday, and he LOVES them. I think I'm going to have to start a breeding colony, because he eats a lot of them in 10 minutes. I'm planning on getting 50 Adult females and 15 Adult Males.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom