Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The pictures make the tank look pretty small but Its about the same size as a 40 gallon, just 24 inches high rather than 16.
At the moment I plan to use a 16x12x12 tub for it while its small but I also have a 10 gallon, and multiple 20 gallons I can use if needed.
If it gets too big for the 10 gallon or tub and the final tank isn't done yet or the plants aren't grown in enough then I'll probably use a 20 gallon long temporarily. But by the time I get the gecko everything should be fine.

I hope his haircut goes well too, I made sure to brush him out pretty well so the groomer didnt have any problems with mats... which somehow magically appear overnight. I'll brush him like 2x a day sometimes and get all the mats out and then the next morning there'll suddenly be like 2-4 small mats.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hey, sorry I missed your post.

Oh ok, yeah it greatly resembles a very small tank lol. and Since Gargoyle Geckos are very much like cresties they do better with a vertical tank.

Did Kyle's Haircut go well?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have good news about the tank situation. They're sending another one out to replace it and that should arrive by Friday...hopefully not broken. They also had someone come out and take the broken tank away so now we dont have to figure out what to do with it.

Kyles haircut went very well, he looks almost like a completely different dog with how his hair is. I think I'm probably gonna end up keeping him in a similar trim since I really like how it looks. He did, however, get a bit too excited when the groomer was bringing him out of the back room and ended up peeing on the floor.
image0.jpg

Before picture
And then after
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

His butt doesn't look big when he's wearing his service dog gear now so thats nice. I also finally got velcro for his fourth patch so now his vest is almost complete... just need to get a few more for the side pouches.
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

He also turned 6 months old on the 14th... my mom suggested I make a cake for him so I sort of did? It's not the prettiest "cake" but he found it to be pretty delicious.
image0.jpg

Its ground chicken/turkey/beef/venison, duck necks, chicken feet, beef liver, pig brain, salmon, raw chicken eggs, mustard greens, cucumber (he absolutely loves cucumber), and theres a small piece of cornish hen somewhere underneath it all... when he's a year old his "cake" will probably look better... to an extent.

OhMyNord

My question is how on earth has your female beardie laid eggs that are fertile :shock: Went through all 17 pages hoping to see some babies! When are they due to hatch?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
OhMyNord":397qqtso said:
My question is how on earth has your female beardie laid eggs that are fertile :shock: Went through all 17 pages hoping to see some babies! When are they due to hatch?
Sadly all of the eggs died. I did cut some open when they weren't looking right and the majority of the babies inside the eggs appeared to be healthy. Just for some reason, didn't make it.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
VenusAndSaturn":2wsjgby4 said:
I have good news about the tank situation. They're sending another one out to replace it and that should arrive by Friday...hopefully not broken. They also had someone come out and take the broken tank away so now we dont have to figure out what to do with it.

Kyles haircut went very well, he looks almost like a completely different dog with how his hair is. I think I'm probably gonna end up keeping him in a similar trim since I really like how it looks. He did, however, get a bit too excited when the groomer was bringing him out of the back room and ended up peeing on the floor.
image0.jpg

Before picture
And then after
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

His butt doesn't look big when he's wearing his service dog gear now so thats nice. I also finally got velcro for his fourth patch so now his vest is almost complete... just need to get a few more for the side pouches.
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

He also turned 6 months old on the 14th... my mom suggested I make a cake for him so I sort of did? It's not the prettiest "cake" but he found it to be pretty delicious.
image0.jpg

Its ground chicken/turkey/beef/venison, duck necks, chicken feet, beef liver, pig brain, salmon, raw chicken eggs, mustard greens, cucumber (he absolutely loves cucumber), and theres a small piece of cornish hen somewhere underneath it all... when he's a year old his "cake" will probably look better... to an extent.
That's good that the tank situation got all sorted out. :) and You're right, Kyle looks like a completely different dog, the haircut looks great. :D and Cool that he got a cake for his 6 month birthday. The cake sounds gross but I bet he liked it lol.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":1c8bgkhc said:
That's good that the tank situation got all sorted out. :) and You're right, Kyle looks like a completely different dog, the haircut looks great. :D and Cool that he got a cake for his 6 month birthday. The cake sounds gross but I bet he liked it lol.
Yeah... its a bit gross but he definitely liked it. Except for one small piece of duck neck... I don't know why but he just wouldn't touch it. Ate the other two pieces just fine but the last piece of duck he just didnt like for some reason.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Probably just being a picky eater lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom