Smelly Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to bring this up and be disgusting about it but i noticed that my beardie wasn't going to the bathroom this morning which he usually goes on clockwork (around 9am) two hours later, decided to give him a bath figured that might help stimulate his bowels. He did go but the problem is that when he went in the bath, it was all over the place in chunks like diarrhea. It also had a very foul smell. :shock: What would cause this? I just been giving him crickets and veggies. 1x a week a piece of fruit.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it's not frequent it could just be an upset stomach. That happens sometimes. If it continues to be messy and clear the room stinky for a couple of weeks it's probably worth getting checked out for parasites though.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah... i really hope its not parasites but i know crickets do carry parasites hence why I'm thinking of sticking mostly to Dubai roaches. Its actually the first time this happened so I'm really hoping that he just ate a bunch of veggies that gave him more of a laxative affect.

He is pretty alert and active (stays in warmer places of the terrarium) but i do see him relaxing his back legs a lot. Showing signs of discomfort? etc..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Relaxing the back legs or hanging them off of things is common when they're basking and usually a good sign as long as they can flex their legs and use them normally when moving them about. My guess is this is just an upset stomach and nothing to worry about. Crickets can cause smellier poop than other foods as well.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Heres a picture of his back legs as we speak lol Does he look okay to you? His belly and legs? :eek:

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sweet! Thank you :D I'll keep a look out on when he goes to the bathroom. Hoping it was just an upset stomach like you mentioned. If it still persist then i suppose a vet visit is in order (which i am hoping i don't have to). I know the little guy I'm sure doesn't want to go to the vet either.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He went on his own this morning (thankfully) and here's a picture. Sorry to be gross but let me know if it looks okay. Its a bit different what it usually looks like but maybe that's just from the crickets and or the veggies? Also, the smell wasn't that bad. Still smelly but not too "gassy" smell lol :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom