Nail trimming? Too long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just wondering when is the right time to trim beardies nails? I have never trimmed mine and she is around 6 months old. And they are sharp as can be. I called the vet and she said she can do it I just don't wanna bring her in and pay for the service if she doesn't need it.
92487-5375665128.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If they're sharp and cutting you I'd give them a quick trim. It's pretty easy. Just take some nail clippers and run them along the inside of the nail as it curves. You'll feel a groove toward the tip of it and you can cut beyond that. Just snip the very tip of it where it's sharp. You can use an emery board to file it down a bit too. I usually keep some cornstarch or styptic powder on hand to stop any bleeding in case I accidentally cut a bit too high (this has never happened). You may want to focus on doing one hand at a time because they can be pretty squirmy and not sit still long enough to do all of the nails at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom